Realistic Horse Skeleton WIP JL

(Jeannot) #1

Started working on a realistic Horse Skeleton for my upcoming realistic anatomical rigging course which will take a while to do. But I’ll try as much as I can to make it 100% Blender, no ZBrush (no 100% sure I can hold that promise since I love ZBrush!)

(Jerzy Górski) #2

by realistic rigging you mean like with mucles and all bones?
I’m very much interested

(Jeannot) #3

Yes that is exactly what I mean :wink:

I am currently starting on a few animal like the Horse.

I also want to do a puma (feline) and a wolf (Canine), a bear, maybe more like a moose or a ram or maybe a bison.

I’ll probably also do some kind of ape either a chimp or a gorilla, or both.

Then I’ll do a few birds like a crow, hawk, eagle, crane or maybe all.

I will probably also do some creatures like dragon, wyvern, deamon, etc…

And I’ll do human male and female.

Its a huge study that I am under taking and then I’ll create a complete course of the process of how to do so and use all those to support the overall theory or anatomy as well as how to rig in that way for higher realism.

I do plan on selling all those models and rigs on the blender market when done as well.

Here is an example of the type of rig I’ll do with all these: Raptorex

(Jeannot) #4

Little update, found time to finish the jaw :slight_smile:

(Jeannot) #5

Another little update with better wireframes :slight_smile:

(Jeannot) #6

Started on the spine this morning and made a quick procedural bone material for Eevee :slight_smile:

(Jeannot) #7

Little update, found time to do more of the spine and also the rib cage with the sternum and the thoracic cartilage. Also tweaked the bone procedural material some.

C & C welcome:

(Jeannot) #8

Little update, almost done, only the legs left to do :slight_smile: Trying to finish the model today so I can start rigging. Also modified heavily the bone procedural material :slight_smile:

(Jeannot) #9

Another little update, finished the bones, working on cartilage. Tweaked the procedural bone material some more, fairly happy with how its stands in realtime in B3D 2.8 Eevee so far! Almost ready for rigging & animation! 🤪

(Jeannot) #10

4k image of my Realistic Horse Skeleton in Blender 2.8 Eevee :slight_smile: Realtime viewport screenshot at 4k, that insane! 🤪

(Jeannot) #11

Realistic Horse Skeleton base rig in place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:very easy to pose, now onto simpler controls and better overall posing automation. Then I’ll be able to finalize the details and move onto animation :crazy_face:

(Jeannot) #12

A little bit of added smoke simulation and here is an undead horse!!! I love Blender 2.8 & Eevee, so easy and really fun to work with :crazy_face:

(Poligonz) #13

is the smoke sim rendered in Eevee? that look pretty awesome

(Jeannot) #14

Yes its basically two viewport screenshots quickly edited together in sketchbook pro :wink: its not even a render, its directly my view :wink: Its Eevee viewport :stuck_out_tongue:

(Poligonz) #15

Got it, i figured it was some neat trick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: thanks for explaining!

(Jeannot) #16

Quick Turn Table video of the skeleton :slight_smile: Mind you the rig still needs some work like the knee caps and wrists joints! Fun quick render (about 10 second average per frames, 360 frames). Will definitely try that with animations too 🤪

(Jeannot) #17

Here is a quick video showcase of my realistic horse skeleton in blender 2.8 using eevee. It showcase the overall setup and how easy it is to quickly edit and view the changes in realtime in the viewport!

(Jeannot) #18

Here is two screenshots at full size with fixed joints

(Jeannot) #19

Undead Fire Horse Skeleton frozen in time! Turn table with fixed wrist, knee cap and heel. Now onto automating a lot of stuff for the rig then animation 🤪
*** Right click / loop ***

(Bart Veldhuizen) #20

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile: