Really annoying weight painting problem

I have 2 computers, one laptop, and one Desktop. Each computer has a different version of blender, both versions particulary new, yet I always have the same problem every time I weight paint. I paint it and the mesh does not deform with the armature:confused: , then when I try to switch bones, I get an error report, and my Blender Crashes:mad: . It’s really annoying.

What the… ??? It’s a double post.?

That might be caused from not using armiture modifier on your mesh before painting. I know i have forgotten a few times and that has happened.

No, I used the armature mesh. Here’s a screensot

Attachments

hmm are ur armatures in pose mode? Did you parent them?..Hmm Dose the Mesh turn red when you paint it? Is the Mesh and armature in the same layer?

looks like your missing a setting in your modifier, add your armature name to the OB: field, I think defaut would be Armature for your bone structure name.

hmm are ur armatures in pose mode? Did you parent them?..Hmm Dose the Mesh turn red when you paint it? Is the Mesh and armature in the same layer?

yes they are in pose mode, yes I parent them, the mesh does turn red, the mesh and the armature weren’t in the same layer but i changed it and put them in the same one and the problem still occured.

Edit: Yes :slight_smile: I finally got it. Niftdalean, you were right, I typed Armature next to OB and it worked, Thank you.