Really big render - Blender 2.55 not coping

Blender “hangs” after a while when I render a rather large image.

Does anyone know whether there is a script for rendering very large images. I used to use the script “ReallyBigRender.3.py” (here, by Dolf Veenvliet), but this does not seem available for Blender 2.55.

The script tiles the single large image into smaller (e.g. 3X3, 4X4 and 5X5) images.

Is there anything else I can use?

It is quite urgent, as it is for a commercial project.

I do not want to blame Blender, as it may actually be due to the fact that I need more RAM (although my PC has 4GB). I notice it happens when my memory graph in Linux hits max :slight_smile:

Thanks

Well… the script has not been adapted to 2.55 yet. I think the best way to do that would be with the event listener, or whatever will be added in that way…

In the meantime… you can do it manually yourself… Just set the rendersize to a “fraction” of what you need, and use lense shift to create multiple tiles.

I will definitely rewrite the script… but need the api to be a bit further along.

Set your tiles in “Performance” under the Render panel to a higher number. Also set threads to “fixed” and set that value to 16. This always works for me.
I hope this helps!