realtime UV and OSA

Dear wizkids and other grown-ups,

I’m quite new to Blender but still, I’d like to get the best out of it and so;

• when I make an .exe from my walkthrough game using runtime it runs quite fine. But when I put it on a disc, all my UV-mapped textures disappear. Is there an easy way to solve this?

-Is there some sort of OSA available in realtime? All my straight edges are kind of shaky (my game has about 130000 faces on 45 objects, it runs at about 15 frames per second on my 1733Mhz 768RAM computer)

A great big thanks in advance,
Jesar

um, you can pack data. one of the options on the menu bar. then save the file. (id use a different file name once you`ve packed stuff, but thats just me.)

nice sig by the way. think i`m sat on the same fence. :wink:

-Is there some sort of OSA available in realtime? All my straight edges are kind of shaky (my game has about 130000 faces on 45 objects, it runs at about 15 frames per second on my 1733Mhz 768RAM computer)

there is not any kind of OSA in realtime…this “shakiness” on the edges of your models is called, “aliasing”, and there really isnt much you can do for it…depending on what kind of graphics card you have this aliasing can be more or less noticable…if you have a good graphics card it shouldnt be that noticable, but if you have an older one it will be more noticable. But yeah, with todays technology theres no getting around this…even with the most advanced graphics cards theres going to be atleast some aliasing.

um, you can pack data. one of the options on the menu bar

yea, it should be under, “File”.

Thanks blentagain and TomorrowMan for your quick responses. Pack data did the trick. It seems like for the OSA-issue I’ll just have to keep on living and see where this all goes.
And blentagain,… you can also jump (or do your silly walk) :slight_smile:

when i put FSAA on with my gf4ti4400 i don’t get any antialiasing effect…that suxx
has anyone an idea?

does it work on other games? maybe if you compile your .blend into an .exe it will work? :-?