rearrange dope sheet

How do I move the columns in the left half of the dope sheet. I want to put similar objects next to each other and I can’t seem to figure that out.

I believe you are supposed to be able to select the channel you want to move on the left-hand side, and then click “channel” in the header menu. From there select “Move” and choose from one of the options in there. I should warn you that Blender has always crashed on me when I have tried this. (Mac OSX 10.6.7 Blender 2.57b)

You can give that a try. If it works, or you find another solution let me know. This has troubled me for a while now.

Well I tried playing with the move options in the channel menu. That didn’t work, but it didn’t crash. As far as i could tell it didn’t do anything.

I’m using vista and blender 2.57

Actually took me a few minutes to figure out the obvious. It is under the Channel menu. If you are trying to move the whole object, that would be something else. The Channel menu only moves channels within the object.

Drag and drop editing here would be nice. Not sure what the plans for this are but it would be nice to be able to rearrange the objects. I don’t know how if it is there

Oh, so the objects can not be rearranged in the dope sheet? that stinks.

I guess this is even more reason to use scenes to break up the animation. Added to my list of to learn things.