recycled media

bleh! what is it with media these days, that they recycle everything so much? example: how many more commercials where some girl fakes an orgasm while shampooing her hair? and it’s not just TV. i bought command and conquer generals the other day, and the little blurb for EA games goes: E A games! ( challenge evrything ). but to me it’s just another way of saying: SEGA! ( taste the rainbow ). know what i mean? formula formula formula. some fresh material is needed. :-?

“These days”? Man, it’s been like that forever.

I actually like those some of those ads. Especially the one with the nipple that got banned and the Imperial Leather ones.

But I know what you mean, the copying is everywhere in software and TV. There is still innovation around but everyone copies it so much that it gets annoying and we don’t appreciate it like we used to.

In some ways it’s good. Take the operating system for example. They are all coming closer together more than ever before. However, there is still room for innovation and people are more compatible as well as all getting a better user experience.

There are lots of ways to do things badly but very few ways to do things well. So differing products often have to follow the same path to be most successful.

More innovation is always nice to see but people are lazy and greedy so tried and tested formulae will always be used.

Hey, at least elysiun isn’t so bad. :slight_smile: We’ve got fresh, new material out the @ss.

Well, I’m of to work on my animation of a girl in a shampoo commercial… :stuck_out_tongue:

ELYSIUN!
(render your imagination)

Or those retarded Perwoll commercials in which no matter where they happen, the woman with the clean shirt ALWAYS has a bottle of Perwoll behind her back. Regardless if it’s in a park, an art gallery, a toilet, a restaurant, a movie theater, you name it. :<

Or icecream and candy bar commercials, where the people (especially girls), groan and moan while consuming a dairy/cocoa product.

OR CAMAMBERT CHEESE! WHY WOULD PEOPLE GET AN ORGASM FROM EATING CHEEESE!!! IT’S CHEESE, NOT A DILDO, IT’S FRIEKIN FOOD FOR FUCK’S SAKE!!! :x :<

“blendermax” OR CAMAMBERT CHEESE! WHY WOULD PEOPLE GET AN ORGASM FROM EATING CHEEESE!!! IT’S CHEESE, NOT A DILDO, IT’S FRIEKIN FOOD FOR ****'S SAKE!!!

blendermax This may come as a surprise but people dont get orgasims from eating dildo’s either.

just kidden man i know exactly how you all feel.

hehe that is cool :smiley:

ELYSIUN!
(render your imagination)

lol,…thank goodness there’s no sound with that,…but i think i’ve got a new slogan for blender:
Blender ( zoom zoom… )
or how about:
Blender ( can you hear me now? )

The design society is obsessed with campaigns, which is why you hear the same phrases over and over again. Repetition is a great tool for marketing. It got you to notice, didn’t it? It does get annoying though.

As for rip-offs of other stuff, you can’t help it. It even happens here within the university. Some of it is purely accidental, but some of it is just malicious stealing.

Oh and…

“I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Blender.”