Redraw a Sulfur Acid Plant more video

I’m Francis, mechanical engineer for a company based in south pacific New Caledonia.
My web site : iceingenierie.nc (in french)

Wanted a blender capable person to redraw a sulfur acid plant from different draw, plan and p&id

The job will start January 2014 and is planned for a period of 10 month.

Please contact me : [email protected]

Best regards.

Francis

I see that people with a background in technical drawing programs (like autocad etc), want to gofor realism like in blender.
I think you got to understand that while blender can read 3ds files (but some luck is required here) or obj files
Blender is not a technical drawing application, so… your making a plant blender is not your friend.
You can however create drawings with your technical drawing tools and then convert it to a file version we (blender) can read, and then we could try to convert it… but its not 100% sure conversion will work.

Then next after the model has becomme a blender model, its true blender can create stunning graphics with often photo realism.
Making a film of that, however does cost a lot of render time, usually a renderfarm is needed, to create movies.

If i where you i wouldnt invite a blender artist to your sulfer plant and ask him to draw it. Your beter of with original drawing sketches, and a technical drawer, for all your future building/rebuilding construction work, blender drawings can not be used for that as good as those architect programs.

Dude!

Some of us work for a living! Keep your peanut gallery comments to the peanut gallery as well as open or technical discussions. This is a job forum, not a open discussion on work pipeline techniques.

A lot of us here use not only Blender but other applications as well. Most of the work I get here I don’t even do in Blender! Some of it I do if required. Others post for jobs here that don’t even require or ask for Blender.

Please keep comments along the lines of…" I would not come here and ask a Blender artist…" Off of these forums!

Us artists that actually work for a living are capable of not only determining what can and can not be done in Blender, but also advising our prospective or current clients accordingly thank you.

And additionally I don’t even think you read his post correctly from what you are saying.

Furthermore having had plenty of experience doing technical type modeling I have invested time and money into learning the workflows to import the various formats your run into in this field not only into Blender but into other apps as well. It is not that hard. It is not your place to put arbitrary restrictions based (on what I gather is a very limited knowledge) to what a Blender artist can and can not do or will find difficult.

I don’t show up at your job interviews telling your prospective employers why they should not hire you, don’t show up at mine! Or step in front of the one main sign post we have here and obscuring it with your derogatory and negative post!

It is your opinion and who can argue. Just completely off topic here!

Thank you.

Maybe you should also tell us what you are going to do with the Models of the “sulfur acid plant”. Not detailed just if you want photorealistic renders or animations for illustration, or whatever. i mean the Level of Detail should be clear, before someone is even starting on this and the Level of Detail is pretty much defined by the usage of the Models.
You plan 10 months, which means you want something really detailed. based on the videos on your homepage, it seems to be a pretty large complex, in the size of a small village (about 60 buildings?!).

I think Razorblade’s post wasn’t at all negative. I think he just was confused with the brevity of the post for a project that in ‘real life’ might need a whole studio of artists to be completed on professional level.

Sorry to come off so harsh.

If i where you i wouldnt invite a blender artist to your sulfer plant and ask him to draw it. Your beter of with original drawing sketches, and a technical drawer, for all your future building/rebuilding construction work, blender drawings can not be used for that as good as those architect programs.

The above statement while born out of a legitimate opinion is completely out of place here.

That is completely counter what this forum is here for.

I am not worried it is going to affect anything. It is just rude and inconsiderate to other Blender artists.

And most of all unprofessional.

The guy posted his contact info. Use it. Contract him to get info, work or don’t and move on.

Just be glad i wont interview you :slight_smile: