Redshift is coming!

Here is the link to the talk.

14 Likes

it’s amazing

Well, version 3 is not even officially released, Blender integration is not in “coming soon” slide, but on the “the future” slide, which can be anything. But I also would like to see this future RT version and how it compares to UE.

1 Like

Am I the only person getting this?

nop i get thisClipboard01

This error usually means that their SSL certificate is out of date. I didn’t have any issues going to the link. Maybe they fixed it?

1 Like

Guys it is a link to the CPU Developers Conference site.

I get the feeling that Redshift for Blender won’t be coming.

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/press-releases/article/maxon-acquires-redshift-rendering-technologies/?fbclid=IwAR12oR5T_M_swGZycm1RPX2iaVzNrLvQ2lJfhHg_BH0cME3Vhk_rFSnjwCM&cHash=a40429d92df246ab0a16641121b8c102

2y2du4

P.S.: Oh, and remind me to not renew my RS license (currently in use for Houdini Indie). :face_vomiting:

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/news/press-releases/article/maxon-acquires-redshift-rendering-technologies/ : “What will happen to Redshift support for other 3D applications?

Maxon and Redshift are committed to continue active development and support for Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini and Katana; as well as the announced plugin for Blender. Welcome to the Maxon community!”

its okay, maxon =/= autodesk i guess

1 Like

LoL and I just gave them $500. Well I guess the good news is that it Wasn’t Autodesk. I am seeing this happen more and more. The little companies are getting swallowed up by larger companies. I am starting to believe this is a Reaction to the new Blender. I think it is scaring their investors more then they let on. Personally I think Adobe and Autodesk deserve to be destroyed. They lost me when they said people could no longer just buy their software outright.

5 Likes

Maybe it won’t be as bad as you think, according to some info in this thread:

I am holding a flyer from Redshift. I got it at Siggraph. It has the Blender Logo on it. :slight_smile:
They said in 2-3 weeks there will be a developer build available.

12 Likes

Oh snaps! my body is ready!

Did they mention the Metal Mac version?

I didn’t ask about Mac versions sorry…

ALL RIGHT! MY CG WORLD IS COMPLETE!!! I´ll show those… …
erhm…
Yeah! Thanks for the heads up.
:slight_smile:

Hmm. So any more word or other information from SIGGRAPH on B4RS?

E cycles is probably going to be faster anyway. Is it ?

Probably not, especially if you use irradiance cache in Redshift.

no. Once Redshift enters the arena, not only will be getting speed, we’ll get custom AOVs. No more shading-mummbo-jumbo to create passes.