Reincarnation : el futuro i

42 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

You the man, Bart!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

You really love Cyberpunk and a maximalist style, don’t you. I dig it :ok_hand:
However, I can’t stop by without giving you some high level nitpicking.
I already told you in the past that you are approaching the point where your work might overstimulate the viewer too much with details so dense that clarity and easy visual digestion of the whole suffers slightly from it.
This work is not different maybe even more so than your past works.
While for me personally that doesn’t detract from the quality (I love maximalism), it might be so for some viewers. I myself suffer from the same “problem” and have to rein myself in.
You’re currently at a whooping 95% details with 5% resting place for the eye. IMHO that’s too much and not only has it the effect of overstimulation, it also means you have to work more.
I strongly suggest you use the “less is more” approach next time and aim for an 80/20 ratio.
It might appear couterintuitive for your personal taste, but try to see the positive side of it: 15% less detail work, which could mean 12% less time needed to finish your next piece.

2 Likes

I have been feeling that ngl, putting in so much, Now i can really see the disconnect between the amount of effort I put in vs the end result, and I realised it after I uploaded this particular one. In the midset of learning the technical aspect of it all, the artistic approach took a toll, but I am working on it now, trying to find the balance where my soul is satisfied with the detail and amount of effort but also the overall thing is artistically pleasing to look at!

1 Like

I understand what Romanji is saying. He is certainly partly right.
But I still think that you should make the decision yourself whether you want to continue this or not. This also makes your style so special and inimitable for many. It gives you your very own style.
But of course you have to decide for yourself whether you want to keep up with this extensive work. As far as I’m concerned, you can certainly continue like this :smiley: I think it’s special and very recognizable. If you have so much patience and persistence by nature, why should you stop?
Follow your own heart. And if you get tired of it, do it with a little less. Less is always possible (and it is undoubtedly more economical), of course, and more is certainly not necessary. Your choise.

1 Like

I feel you a 100 on this, i went this way because no one was doing it, and I will not give up on this style that easy, but after everything, there is no going around that it does needs a fine bit of tuning to make the readibility of the entire render a bit easy on the eye, i will work on finding that fine balance from now on, will keep uploading and hope you guys keep critiquing it for me so I can get better at it artistically too!

1 Like