Relative Vertex Keyframe Modification

Is it possible, after building all your relative keyframes (with sliders in the action window) to go back and modify a specific keyframe. For example, I have a mesh face and I make a keyframe to close the right eye, then another to close the left and on to close the mouth. Can I go back and change the vertex positions of the right eye if I don’t like how it looks?

Cheers,

Bob

Can’t you just select the key in the IPO-window, Tab into Edit-mode, adjust the vertices, and save the adjustment by Tabbing out? Sorry if you meant something else :expressionless:

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I think that the only way to do it now is to create a new key frame and delete the old one.

They intuitive way that I would think it should work would be to select the Vertex Keyframe (either through the action window or the IPO window). Then in the 3D window enter edit mode, which will then show the vertex keyfame. Any adjustments of the verticies updates the vertex key frame. This may require an button in the IPO or Action window that the user would press so that when they edit in the 3D window, it knows to edit the vertex keyframe and not the models verticies.

Any Comments?

Cheers,

Bob

This worked for me. I just tried it.

Once you tab out of edit mode, it doesn’t update right away, but if you re-click the key (flat blue line) it will show the updated version.

Cool, I was clicking on the IPO curve for the key, not the blue line for that particular key. Once I selected the blue line for the key, I was able to see the vertex key and adjust it after I created it. Not very intuitive, but it still works. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Bob