[Release Addon] Set Precise Mesh /CAD Add-on

Thank you for this nice comment.

Thanks for sharing.

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.1.2

• Added panel in Sidebar > Edit Tab
  • Added a new simulation type “Custom Object Matrix”
  • Now Set Length/Distance supports simulation (Added Distance Simulation)
  • Added a group of operators for " Set Mesh Position" (Edit Mesh > Mesh > Transform > (At the end of the list) > Set Mesh Position)
  • UI Changes
  • Added Minus function for Set Length/Distance and Set Angle
  • The algorithm for calculating the edge normal has been changed (Now the calculated normal must match the Blender’s orientation normal)
2 Likes

[Add-on Update]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.1.3

• Now Add-on supports Presets for “Angle” and “Length / Distance” (Editor type: Properties > Scene Properties) (Presets are shown in Edit Mode)
2 Likes

thank you for adding features of this addon

1. Suggestion : in future i would like to see
    create library preset for angle and length / and able to save them as json without messing up blender.startup

2. the value of angle and length my suggestion is disable the slider ( box ) so that in wont be accidently change

here’s my ui suggestion

[Add-on Update]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.2.0

• Now “Set Length / Distance” can partially work in Vertex, Edge, Face and their combination modes. (“Distance Simulation” is officially supported only in vertex mode)
2 Likes

[Add-on Update]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.2.1

• In “Set Mesh Position” was added the ability to move an object without rotating it in accordance with the normal of the selected part of the mesh (Edit Mode > Mesh > Transform > Set Mesh Position > Move Location)
  • Now you can add presets for each object individually (Properties > Object Properties > Angle Presets and Length / Distance Presets)
  • Added feature “Get Length / Distance” and “Get Angle”
  • You can save presets for the scene. The next time you open the blender, they will remain (Properties > Scene Properties > Library Presets)
  • UI Changes
2 Likes

In 1.2.1 You can create Library Presets for Scene and You don’t need to messing up blender.startup. Thanks for idea!

2 Likes

thank you for new updates

[ Bug fixing ]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.2.1

• Two cases when a warning appears when deleting an object have been removed
1 Like

hi again
is it just me , when i create length /distance presets value it gets removed or it diddnt saved if i close blender without saving

Note :
#1 iddnt save the .blend file because i want to make library preset or load automatically every .blend i work on

#2 i am using version 2.9

Thanks for asking a question. Especially thank you for making this video. It makes your question clearer. Now I will explain to you why your presets have not been saved.

To create a “LIbrary Presets”, I used the preset menu. This is a special type of menu that blender API has. As I understand it, he has a specific behavior.

In order to create a preset, you first need to create a list of presets(Length / Distance Presets or Angle Presets) and only then add this preset to Library Presets.

If you are in a certain preset (Length / Distance Presets or Angle Presets) and make changes to it, these changes will not be saved. To save them you need to click the overwrite button

2 Likes

thank you it works now perfectly

[Add-on Update]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.2.2

• UI Changes
  • Now you can choose which axis “Set Mesh Position” operator will use
  • “Set the Cursor to the normal” can work with several vertices/edges/faces (In pop-up menu You can choose from what element to take normals and operator will calculate common normal) Note: Operator will tryto detect from what element to calculate normal and You not need to choose every time from what element to calculate normal
  • “Advanced input” now has two abbreviations(“u” and “unit”) u = length/angle and unit = length/angle
  • Bug fixing
3 Likes

It seems something wrong with Pop-up menu, not appearing (ver 1.2.2)

Thank you for writing about this bug. I updated the code. Try it now

1 Like

Hello,
keymap name in Keymap Editor, I think need to rename to something similar to Addon name, maybe to “Set Precise”, and for all without “Pop-up Menu” at the beginning if possible, this only for Keymap tab, in Addon tab it’s ok

1 Like

Thanks for your comment, especially for misprint. I worked on Keymap tab and I hope you like it. Please, tell me your opinion.

1 Like

nice!
glad I could help.

[Add-on Update]

Set Precise Mesh /CAD 1.2.3

• Added “Draw Length” feature (It also works with “Distance Simulation”)
  • Added “Draw Length” precision option in the Add-on Preferences
  • Work was done on the behavior of the add-on in the Blender’s interface
  • Changes in the labels (names) of the operators
4 Likes