Religion really sucks

…belive in science and science fiction hehe 8) and myself :smiley:

people got to belive in what they want,
but don’t practice it on me :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not for those religion that most people
belive in, well…either I am atheist or just myself…

…I hope I am just myself…not some one other :-?

/ztonzy

could you lighten up? if religion is so bad then explain some of the greatest art around you. most art is influenced by art and culture around the artist.

good definition (of religion) i found in encarta:

personal beliefs or values: a set of strongly-held beliefs, values, and attitudes that somebody lives by
obsession: an object, practice, cause, or activity that somebody is completely devoted to or obsessed by

macke is obviously religious in his obsession to put down religion. i think you’re acting worse than more religious feigns anyway.

i think i put you in the class of “jumping down people’s throughts telling them their personal ideas are wrong and giving an equally pathetic alternative”

:smiley:

just let it rest already. nobody is gonna care what you have to say about this as well as you’re not going to care what they have to say either.

DING DING DING! We have a winner! Come one people, this isn’t hilarious, this isn’t a joke, this isn’t a move to try and stir up some thoughts here. This is a serious debate! Can’t you all see that?

And oh yeah, you all suck…

Ps. This is pretty fun, isn’t it? Hilarious even…

not me, I don’t suck :smiley:

yes, nice to have some fun debate concerning religion and such :stuck_out_tongue:

/ztonzy

Sure you do! We all suck!

ok, ja du suger som fan asg :smiley:

Suger, suck, suger, suck. This isn’t even a flame war anymore! ITS A PR0N POST! BEWARE!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

that’s totally not what i meant and you know it…

…i suck…
…you suck…
…he sucks…
…she sucks…
…it sucks…
…we suck…
…you suck…
…they suck…
…we all suck…suck…?!

My point of view is:

Forbid religion.

YES it has caused some of the greatest art and machinery in the history.

YES it has given Europe a head-start in civilisiation.

YES it has (theorethically) had a lot of good rules.

BUT:

It has also been responsible for a lot of wars.

It has been responsible for the hunting and burning of millions of so called witches.

It has given a LOT of people excuses for making terrible things (like stoning sick, homosexualls and foreigners, just to give an example).

It has been responsible for the crusades, which killed millions and trashed all firendly relationships between christians and muslims for A LONG LONG TIME.

I think that the world would have been a much more friendly place without religion. Primitv, maybe, but friendly and logic. The science for example wouldn´t have been slowed down by prejudgism.

P.S. Humans can fly. D.S

Two questions:

1. What is it all these people suck?

2. Do I really want to know? :-?

“”""""""""""""""
It has also been responsible for a lot of wars.

It has been responsible for the hunting and burning of millions of so called witches.

It has given a LOT of people excuses for making terrible things (like stoning sick, homosexualls and foreigners, just to give an example).

It has been responsible for the crusades, which killed millions and trashed all firendly relationships between christians and muslims for A LONG LONG TIME.
“”""""""""""""""""

by that logic we should allso ban pop music

1. Why not?

2. Most likely not!

And green: POP MUSIC SHOULD BE BANNED! ITS AS BAD AS RELIGION!

hm. sucking the why not’s!

id rather suck my left nutt.

Don´t forbid religion

first of all not all religions are that easy to misuse than the one of those christian mans.

Second of all rather try to erase the reason for religion.
The human brain developed in several major steps. The first inner part contains the basic functions like breathing and heartbeat. The second part surrounding it is the r-complex controlling agression, territorial behavior and sotial hierarchics as used by the reptiles. Then comes the mammal part, containing care for the children and so on. And the "newest"one is the part that is used for the thinking.

There is a theory that you can foster either the mammal or the reptile heritage. And a Neuropsychologist once looked over 400 preindustrial societies and he found out, that Cultures which care (in a love sort of way) about their children, don´t tend to be violent.

Cultures who don´t care about children, but don´t suppress them sexually also did well.

According to that statistic, Cultures that beat and restrict or disregard their children tend to slavery, mutilation and killing of enemies, believe in the inferiority of women, believe that supernatural beings interfere with their everyday lifes, and tend to organised religion.

If you want to get rid of religion or war, foster (psychologically spoken) strong and healthy and intelligent children.

Problem: most of the children don´t get (psychologically spoken) strong and healthy and intelligent parents or teacher (or school mates). And most of the children still happen instead of being planned…

oops… me being serious again

this sucks

Could you please tell me what you all prefer to suck at? I mean cola bottles, hot tea pots, power outlets, genderless aliens or what?

If you´re not nice to me, I´ll suck my thumb… :frowning:

HH

Everyone is just talking about religion as one entity, you have to break it up like haunt_house says but even more. You have different groups the compose religion. You all know about fratctals and fractal mathematics don’t you. People and religion are the same way. One big group, medium group, little group, individuals…so on.

The wars and atrocities wasn’t because of religion. It was because people (especially back long ago, even now) in parts of the world who are influencial in relgion and faith had/has much power. Because like what’s going on now with terrorist, religon to someone is and ultimate reason or excues. It gives people with aternate motives the perfect excuse. So religion is not to blame. It is people modification of religion to fit their own personal agendas.

In order to have stability in this worl, we actually need religion. Most of us in here are probably pretty intellectual people. Mut the majority of the world population is like robots. They have personal views and beliefs, but are very unstable, unable to cotemplate their own philosophies and so on. We someone chooses a relgion, it allows them to have their base beliefs reinforced and it give them guidance.

I think a lot of people would mentally break down, because the mind is affected by chaos theory none the less. One little point of instability in the human brain could cause cataclysmic reactions…unemployment, unstable moral clarity, etc…

forbid religion? omg, at first i thought this was trying to be a serious thread!

ban religion… that’s like banning all free thought and inner belief.

look inside yourself. what do you believe? that is your religion. the very act of believing that you should ban religion is a religion.

Here it is, my personal definition of religion:

religion is the belief in the existance of something (supernatural) that cannot be proven (and a bit creation, too).

The twisted and crazy thing that I have is a S.O.V.
system of values. And I would never call it religion. oh no. no… no. nononononononononono!

nono

NA AREAN sat alone in space and he equaled a cloud floating in nothing. He didn´t sleep, because there was no sleep and he wasn´t hungry, because there was no hunger. This way, he sat a long time absorbed in himself. until a thought arose. And he said to himself:" I WILL MAKE A THING"

This is how all started. fullstop.

haunt_house the prophet