Remove Double Faces

Hi, I am having an issue with removing double faces. Here’s an example of my issue:

I have two cubes, they are complete , so they have 6 faces. (I removed one face so you could see the problem in the pic)

So, I put the cubes edge-to-edge so when I remove doubles, it will be one cube (with a loop cut in the middle). When I join them and remove double vertices, it removes one face, but not the other face.

Is there any way to remove that face without doing it manually? I am modeling this type of stuff on a HUGE scale, and I don’t have time to remove the faces.

Thanks for the help!

-rioforce

Press A twice to select everything then space and type in remove doubles.
After that if you need it again just press space and click on it.

Remove doubles removes vertices.
After doing that you could try selecting them with select menu -> interior faces and then delete those faces with X -> faces.
What you have in the pic doesn’t count as an interior face but it’s non-manifold (which you could also select) but you also have other non-manifold elements in that pic. Combination of the two should allow you to find and get rid of bad geometry.

just having this problem on a complicated spinned model
and select inside face does not work

what do you do ?

thanks

Or you could just click ‘W’ and then ‘Remove Doubles’. :wink:

Thanks! That helped. You solved my problem. Of course, some parts are not manifold, but that’s fine. :slight_smile: