Don’t know if this has been discussed before, I’ve been trying to create this base for a logo for the last couple of days, but I’m having issues with it, I keep getting to many triangles in the mesh with weird surface results. So far I’ve tried:
- creating the outline of the shape in Inkscape and importing it as .SVG
- tried using the imported path as a 2D and 3D (extruded them) filling the caps
- created a bezier curve in Blender, selected all and pressed “F” to make the face and extruding it
It doesn’t matter what I try I get similar results, I started cleaning my mesh manually, but it’s very time consuming selecting the offending edges and dissolving them…I’ve tried the Alt+J trick and it does reduce some of the triangulation but still have to resort to the manual selection…HELP!