Render #4 :: DesertFlower

My #4 render called DesertFlower. My goal isn’t to make some real looking stuff. I like to make everything with my own style… TOON style!!!

Any comments? (What could be better or something else? Or some comments about the bible verse!)

http://www.geocities.com/flashers3/DesertFlower_1024x600.jpg

[quote=“toonist”]My #4 render called DesertFlower. My goal isn’t to make some real looking stuff. I like to make everything with my own style… TOON style!!!

first off - i love the pic - it is very nice! your right the toony style is very nice especially if it is your trade mark!

i’d forget the “my #4 render” bit when you pass #5 cause no one cares anymore that it is your 4th (your second or third okay but come on how long do you think you can keep it up - “my #10000! render” lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

lastly -

[quote]Any comments? (What could be better or something else? Or some comments about the bible verse!)

i don’t have any suggestions concerning the image just the verse:

i am okay by it although the version i think is alittle off (personal preference - oh an i haven’t checked yet to make sure it’s KJV so sorry if it is! :expressionless: ) but that will really deter people from commenting on your work cause well that isn’t a subject people like talking about or discussing! Why i don’t know!? :-? anyway i would have left that comment out - it took three days before someone responded to an image i did called “three crosses!” %|

Nice work! :wink:

Hmm, desert flower. What kind of desert flower is it supposed to be? Could you give us a link to the real one for comparison. I really want to see the difference between the real and toony one. The toon lines look good on the flowers, but for some odd reason it doesn’t seem to look quite right on the rocks. Can’t seem to put my finger on why it looks weird on the rocks though.

Hey cool bible verse. Hehe, “Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and shun evil. Proverbs 3:17 NIV”

What translation was yours? I’m quite curious to see how the theme of your render relates to the verse.

Jason Lin

I believe I know why the rocks look weird Cel Shaded (Toon Style). This is because usually cell shaded objects have no texture, just a solid colors like the flowers in this pic. As you can see, the rocks have a texture making it a mixture of realistic and toon style so they clash. Hope that explained your thought :slight_smile:

I like the realistic/toon style, I think it’s cool. But the flower looks strange to me…

Thanks for your comments! I picked the bible verce from the bible almost randomly. (I usualy pick the most cool sounding :smiley: ) I do not have a real picture of the “DesertFlower” and I am so lazy that I don’t bother to make it 8) .

About the goofy looking flowers I just modeled them in a minute becouse the image looked too empty whitout them :slight_smile: .

Nice, good style :slight_smile: