Render alembic curve animation with geometry bevel

Hi all,
So I try to render in cycle an alembic animation done in houdini. I animated curve (graph bundling) to which I applied a bevel to the geometry curve in blender.
So I play the animation and when I try to render a frame, it always renders the first frame…
I’ve tried to play with the “Mesh Sequence Cache” modifier parameters with no result.
Does someone have a solution ?
Thanks
Alexandre

trying to do other test… when rendered in the viewport it works but when using render window it doesn’t work…

any solution to this issue?
i am having it now and still bumping my head against all the walls, but no solution. :frowning:

Did you ever find a fix for this? Having the same sort of issue importing a C4D X-Particles network SIM.

The alembic doesn’t import particles, but can import the xptrails as curves. Those have a sequence cache, all displaying with geometry/bevel in the viewport renderer but not in the final one. Any changes to the curves settings need the playhead moving forwards or backwards to update in the viewport. I suspect there’s some disconnect between the cache update and the geometry created by the curves that causes it to not pick up the cache for rendering even though in the viewport it updates frame by frame.

Unable to find a successful way to import particles to blender at all either, so no way of retracing them natively in blender.