Render Button & Camera Manager For Blender 3+ [QUICK FIX 07/04/2022] - v0.3.9

Your addon gets more cool and cool!

Thanks ! i think so

Have you think about to make render button more compact or may be replace it with the nice icon?

No ! Not for the moment, but in the future, i think to implement the ability to choose between different layout, with some options in user preferences

At the beginning of your addon story we are all was starving for good old render button from 2.79 and you did huge button - and it was good and fun, just like protest to the system.

yeah at beginning I was young and rebellious with a lot of rage “where are my rendering buttons, TABARNAK !!!”

But now your addon being so big and esthetic and you renamed it… Thank you for your work and excelent tool!

With time and experience come maturity and moderation. So my addon has become more serious and complex. A lot of hard work for a brilliant result, yeaaaaah ! :partying_face:

Thanks for your comment

or maybe you should widen the panels to avoid overlap…what I mean is that the problem you are showing is due to my choice but also to design limitations.

I have to do with this limitations.

and what about that

This "soup"of buttons, it’s a problem due to my choices or a limitation of the UI design?

Maybe the panels should have a minimum width when they are visible, to avoid this and facilitate their design.

Or not.

It’s all about compromise.

Sorry for the answer but your comment points an interesting question on the UI design of Blender I think.

TABARNAK !!!
Are you from Québec ? :grin:

No. it’s just the most funny memory, from a lovely person from Montreal met during my studies. she was really very vulgar :open_mouth: :smirk:

when reading my last message, I realize that it can be misunderstood.

You’re right when you ask if I can do otherwise to avoid the overlap of the camera name.

it’s the first time I’m doing an extension. Before I did small quick scripts according to my needs or I directly modified the original BLENDER .py files.

But now I realize that because of the very high flexibility of the BLENDER UI, whatever layout you choose there will always be cases where the UI will be unusable with overlaps, unreadable labels or buttons too small. it takes a lot of time sometimes to the detriment of the purpose of the extension.

It’s like writing a text on a piece of stretched rubber and wondering how to make it readable when the rubber will be released or stretched even more …

In the same time, this very high flexibility of the BLENDER user interface is also one of the best user experiences that make BLENDER so unique and , in so many cases, very effective.

Do the best but keep in mind your goal.

Happy Blending !

Hi.

Could you please add an option to produce a sound or music when the render is done ?
Basically, this feature request : https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/0wdbbc/

The code to make it work :

aaaaa now all is clear :slight_smile: thx

[UPDATE 16/07/2019] : Render Button & Camera manager v0.2.8

• New ability to play sound alarm when render is done with option to play loop or repeat x time the sound.

• New ability to power off when render is done with option for timeout delay in seconde. if necessary, before power off, a copy of current blend file is saved, alongside the current file, with suffix “_PowerOff”

• a visual alarm for each event in 3d VIEW panel, in PROPERTIES windows (all area) and in IMAGE EDITOR tab tool

• New layout for autosave render

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofTXFaqJZdg&feature=youtu.be

CAUTIONS:

Power off after rendering is an option that must be used with care, please test first with simple scene or copy of your work.

Tested it on Ubuntu 18.10 and derivatives (mint 19.1 and PopOs) and Windows 7 (yes SEVEN) so I think it should work on windows 10

I can’t test on MacOS so only the timeout is running ( i think), the power off option is disabled. I coded a function but I do not know if it works. if a macos user wants to test…

Power Off tested on MacOS High Sierra v10.13 (thanks ELIANA) and seems to work properly so…

Outdated

Download link for testing purpose on MacOS :
render_button.py (104.1 KB) - v0.2.9 -[UPDATE bis 16/07/2019] with MacOS Power Off unlocked

V 0.2.8 and v0.2.9 are same. Only Power off fonction is unlocked for MacOS in v0.2.9 so anyone can use it.

render_button.py (104.2 KB) - v0.2.8 -[UPDATE 16/07/2019]

Happy blending!

2 Likes

@Hokuss:
It would be cool if your addon had an auto-version checker and a one-click update system, directly integrated into your addon.

Check this code, it has everything needed to add it into your addon:

It makes addon updates for users really easily.

1 Like

Power Off tested on MacOS High Sierra v10.13 (thanks ELIANA) and seems to work properly so…

Outdated

Download link for testing purpose on MacOS :
render_button.py (104.1 KB) - v0.2.9 -[UPDATE bis 16/07/2019] with MacOS Power Off unlocked

V 0.2.8 and v0.2.9 are same. Only Power off fonction is unlocked for MacOS in v0.2.9 so anyone can use it.

[UPDATE 19/07/2019] : Render Button & Camera manager v0.3.0

WHAT’S NEW:

Issues:

• Fixed “None Type” error when remove camera with “Track To” constraint if target was removed before.

• Fixed error resulting in an endless addition of render slots, when use batch rendering with “Select camera” mode and “Store in render slots” option.

New Features:

• Now you can remove all cameras in one time with Shift + Click on Delete button of any camera in the Camera Manager.
    Screenshot_20190719_013118

• Now you can define a square rendering dimension, with Shift + Click on “Toggle orintation” button.

Screenshot_20190719_013038

• Now “Add Camera To View” can be achive with “alt C” shortcut.

Screenshot_20190719_013106

Outdated

Download link:
render_button.py (106.1 KB) - v0.3.0 -[UPDATE 19/07/2019]

Happy Blending !

[UPDATE 28/07/2019] : Render Button & Camera manager v0.3.1

WHAT’S NEW:

Some Changes in UI Layout:

• Now Render Button & Camera Manager panel have a new icon in header for global Settings relative to each panels.
    31_01

• Render panel Settings for Output & Alarm / Power off
      31_03
    • Camera Manager Settings, for set the default lens settings, for new camera (Perspective & Orthographic Camera)
      31_02
  • Camera Manager improvement:

• Now cameras added in orthographic view are automatically set to orthographic mode.

• Now you can remove all Timeline Markers at the same time with Shift + Click on Remove marker button.
      31_04

• Now, the Camera Preview button is a toggle button to switch between the camera view and the perspective view.
      31_05

Happy Blending !

Outdated

Download link:
render_button.py (116.3 KB) - v0.3.1 -[UPDATE 28/07/2019]

3 Likes

Hi @Hokuss.

Please add an option to Pause/unPause while rendering.
The code is here: https://gumroad.com/l/bpupp

btw, I noticed (after searching for a few minutes) that you hid the Output and Alarm options inside the small options button (next to “Render”, at the top). :astonished: :worried:

imo, you shouldn’t hide these options. I’d rather see them in dropdown menus as shown in my mock-up animated image below:

BigRenderButton_anim01

For me, the output settings (rendering path, file format, alarm, power off, etc.) are not options that we often need to access. Only at the end of the project, for the final rendering. so I do not think it’s necessary to have them next to the tools we use regularly.

in fact, some might be in the settings of the addon …

from now on, I try not to add too many functions to the main layout which is already overloaded, so …

it is only my point of view but I understand yours. I often make changes in the layout,not always relevant, this can be disturbing

btw thank you for your comments with ideas or references often judicious, in this post and in others

about your last proposal may be later, I must first make some important changes in Camera Manager …

I was afraid you would say that. I am sad. :sob: :wink:

I just don’t agree with you, when dropdown menus (on my mock-up image) are collapsed, they don’t take much space, at all. And frankly, your addon is not overloaded at all. I hope you will change your mind in a future version.

I just hope that you added it onto your TODO list. :blush:

You are cool, a very useful addon!
Is it possible to do something like this so that you can render by layers or collections?

2 Likes

What a time saver! Thank You!

This addon is great!
Could it be possible to add a function like this "Fit Preview in Window "
In Camera view, we can see area A and area B,
Sometimes we just want the whole A area (3d view port) be our camera view,

I found a function Fit Preview in Window in Video Editting Mode, if we can find this Fit Preview in Window in object mode, camera view, it will be the best first person fly camera

Thank you very much! This is so much useful! Thanks for the RENDER and RENDER ANIMATION button where we can see it!