[Render] - GMO Genetically Modified Organism + Making of

“A genetically modified organism (GMO) or genetically engineered organism (GEO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. These techniques, generally known as recombinant DNA technology, use DNA molecules from different sources, which are combined into one molecule to create a new set of genes. This DNA is then transferred into an organism, giving it modified or novel genes. Transgenic organisms, a subset of GMOs, are organisms which have inserted DNA that originated in a different species.”
Wikipedia.

Software: Blender 3D.
RenderEngine: Blender Internal.
Idea: Jimena Geri.
3D: Eugenio Pignataro.

Greetings!

Camera view

Grids parent to lights.
2 area lights and 2 point lights.
The area lights cast shadows.

The points: 1 for fill light, 1 for simulate radiosity.

The wire:

Front view:

Face loops:

The composite, 4 render layers: dots, beauty render floor, fishTomato diffuse+sss , fishTomato reflection.

Tremendo! Very very good concept and work! :wink:

Great work and fantastic idea :wink: !!!

Ditto as above! :yes:

I love this image. The only thing that sticks out to me is some subtle speckling on skin of the tomatofish. Not sure what it is but it’s slightly distracting to me. I think the overall image itself is amazing though. Great idea and excellent execution.

Yummy, I bet that tastes good :smiley:

This is genius…made me chuckle, would you not be rather freaked out if you saw a tomato fish? :smiley:

An excellent concept and execution!

amazing job, as always…!

RenderEngine: Blender Internal?
that’s interesting , can you show that how to do the shadow , please
that’s so amazing !
it’s almost GI like

Something’s fishy about that tomato :wink: . Looks great, but the tomato looks a little too perfect, know what I mean? I like the idea though, pretty creative, would be even funnier/more interesting if their were some fellow GMO’s to accompany the fishmato, maybe a variation on the carrot, cellary, potato, cucumber, ect., just sorta seems a little lonely there all by himself.

Very creative I like the idea, maybe you can try the “infinite ground plane” trick so u don’t see the end of the floor in the background.

Great idea & great render :smiley: !

nice idea and render 5*

I love the logo. But everything is amazing. Good job.

Great idea. good job indeed :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies.
Update -------> making of.

wow thanks a bunch!

very useful materials

Nice, obscurrart!

Of course! A tomato-fish. It’s always interesting to see what happens when you get a creative person using Blender :smiley: Good work.