Render To Texture

make sure C: mp\0000.tga exists first of all.
next make sure you are actually using it.

1. press Shift-F10 to enter the UV/image editor.
  2. select 0000.tga.001 from the drop-up menu
  3. press Alt-R
  4. browse to your image. (C: mp\0000.tga i think. or C: mp(whatever your directory variable is)\0000.tga
  5. Shift-F5 and P

It works … but … it’s realy slow…

I tried with a small ramdisk in place of hardisk for saving the texture, and it’s not faster…

:-/

ya i know :o
you can try resizing the window, so screenshots taen are not so big
saving and reloading texture takes a lot of time… so this feature is practically unusable this way.

but it works

some little “abstract art” test with those scripts … ( a “Boy surface” wich is unilateral, like the moebius band)

too bad it’s not good enoegh for full pal resolution … hope we’ll find other way.http://www.oliviermeunier.be/ogeem/misc/sboyrtt-test.jpg

I’ll publish blendVideoTex plug-in with new class TexFrameBuffer at the end of this week. It will allow using frame buffer as source for texture. Code is basically working now, but there are some performance issues that need to be solved.

Next week I try to implement basic renderer (in Python) that will render GameBlender scene from specified point of view. That will allow realtime reflections and other effects (with some limitations mentioned earlier).

this is getting exciting… and seroius

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Check out thread Video Texture player - I have published new version that allows to copy frame buffer to texture and there is also demo file to demonstrate this feature.

I created video from plug-in’s demo file - it’s shot at realtime with Rasterizer.makeScreenshot() function.

perfect! you are amazing.
rendering reduced area is great option.
i have to get to PC to test this stuff and check performance

what about choosing rendered image size not only area of rendering? if you are playing fullscreen(1280x1024) i guess taking screenshots at 320x240 will greatly improve performance.

I plan to add parameters that will specify sizes of copied area and also position of this area in viewport. I’ll look at it after today’s company summer party (if I will be able to…:wink: ).

How about water reflections? Will you flip the Y-Viewport or something?

Hi.
Any of those links don’t work for me. Can someone post them here again?
Thanks.

please redo your savefile its not working

seriously old thread guys