renderdaves game art

hi i am going to use this thread to post all of the little things i am working on mostly on textures either custom made or using photo overlays. i am also trying to improve the presentation of my textures.
i will start with a simple c4 pack with diffuse, spec and normal.btw these are real time and i use blender and gimp.
MORE RECENT AND MUCH BETTER MODELS FURETHER IN THE THREAD AND NEXT PAGE

Attachments

heres another one following the same textureing style.the one on the left is a free texture you can use its also seamless

Attachments

heres a shotgun 511 faces real time tex face matirials only 1 diffuse hand painted form scratch.

Attachments

wow, these look good, next time try and put all the posts in one if no one has replyd

thanks ionee heres an update on the c4 and a dirty window texture i am working on the monkey is there to show the transparency.

comments and crits are welcome

Attachments

need to bump this thread heres a dumpster ive been working on:
real time tex face materials 72 faces and 1x 1024 diffuse

Attachments

They would look really nice in a game!Keep up the good work!

hi i am attemting sci fi texturing now. i need to keep bumping this thread how come no one is commenting.anyway the wall section consists of a diffuse,spec,norm, and emit map
the floor and middle wall thing consists of 2 single hand painted from scratch metal textures.
man i used to hate texturing now its my favorate bit!

Attachments

Very nice work!I think you should add a bit of more normal mapping to the corridor(or a larger resolution map),that would really “bump it up”(BUMP it up get it?..Sorry for the lame joke :stuck_out_tongue: ).Are you interested as joining a game development team as a texture artist?

hey thanks clewer yea might be interested in joing a team but i would want to see a general plot/concept/progress/demo before i made any desicions

hi am back can anyone suggest a another area to move this post because i am not getiing any replys saying how to improve.anyway heres a new texture i made placed onto a simple mesh with 1x diffuse, normal and spec map.

Attachments

The low number of replies might be because of what you’ve shown there’s not a huge amount to critise because in general your texturing is good.

I suggest you step it up a level and make some more complicated objects, and then as well as doing a diffuse map, do an ambient occlusion map, specular map and normal map.

looking good

thanks guys im stuck for ideas for a more complicated object thats fun and challenging to texture thats also not a car cause i suck at them

where do you get the textures?

some are hand made using gimp and some of them have a base texture from http://www.cgtextures.com/. i might do a small written tutorial showing my workflow.
but to make a small basic base metal texture color the whole canvas grey then go go to filters-noise
play with settings then filters-motionblur increase angle and length. then keep that open but make a new image 512x512 pixels go filter-render-clouds put the settings on full. copy the clouds and paste them on the previouse image as a new layer set to multiply and decrese the opacaty. from there play with sharpness and curves and you could get something looking like mine:

Attachments

anyway now i am working on a low poly fire extinguser smack on 250 faces ao map baked.oh yea and a quick tip i always bake a ao map and make my textures on top of that.

Attachments

Great work,keep it up!
Just out of curiosity,can you understand Hungarian? :stuck_out_tongue:
Because we have quite a lot of pages about our current project,but I’ll try to translate them in a short version during this week.We are in a preproduction step right now,the actual work will start in about 1-2 months.

no sorry i dont speak hungarian

this is my first attempt at making trees for blender game engine so here it is

Attachments