Rendered image different from camera

I have done a lot of research into the problem I’m having and I think its tied to the way anamorphic video squeezes pixels, but no matter what I do my anamorphic video clip I’m animating, renders into a standard version of the same aspect ratio.

The image should be 5162 x 2560 at what I think is 1.333 as the pixel ratio. The clip looks fine and the correct width/ height when I am animating it, but when it renders its just a normal image size.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated as I have changed so many settings (even at random) and nothing seems to affect the rendering AT ALL.

Thank you.

Are you saying the generated video file has the correct 5162x2560 pixels, but looks stretched in the viewer, being displayed with an 1.0 pixel ratio? In that case probably just the metadata of the video file need to be fixed, so the viewer understands it is anamorphic.

1 Like

I am curious if that is the issue.

I’ve come to find out if you export at h364 then it exports the correct width for anamorphic.

Or I can desqueeze the original in premiere but I’m not experience enough to know if its retaining quality when being exported as such.