Rendered viewport shading: Can I get the values of the colours like in 3D View?

Hi guys,

In the UV/Image Editor, I can right-click and hover the mouse over the image to get the colour values of the pixel currently under the cursor.

The screenshot will show you what I mean.

This is enough in most cases, but when I am lighting my models, I would like to be able to get accurate values of the colours, but the problem is, the UV/Image Editor doesn’t interactively update the render result if I change anything in the viewport.

The only way, as far as I know, to get renders to update automatically is to use the ‘Rendered’ shading mode in the viewport. So here is my question, is there a way I can get the colour values of the pixels like I do in the UV/Image Editor?

I looked around, but couldn’t find any information. Any idea is welcome, even if it needs some Python scripting.

Thank you.

you can with camera view open a small window and render it
faster and gives the real colors !

happy cl

Hi RickyBlender,

Thank you for your reply, but your solution is what exactly I am trying to avoid. I don’t want to keep having to render the scene, after every change I make to the parameter of the lights. It might seem just one step, but if I am working on a huge scene, these steps will add up, wasting a huge chunk of time.

the window you open is very small and render very fast
so save time!

not certain if there is another way to do it!

happy cl