rendering below the camera/moving horizon line

Hi. For artistic purposes I’d like to have the horizon line a third of the screen from the top while still keeping the camera oriented horizontally. I just realized that however I move the camera the horizon line always stays in the middle. I realize I could render a very tall image and then crop into the bottom area to make the horizon there, but I was wondering if there is a more elegant way to do it so that Blender automatically renders that for me.

I’m expecting this might be possible as when I am in camera mode (numpad 0 ) I actually see exactly what I want if I pan with SHift-Middlemouse, thus moving partially bellow the yellow rectangle into the darkened area surrounding it. Is there any way I could actually render in this way/move the yellow rectangle so it cuts into the darkened preview area outside the rendering zone?

Thank you very much in advance. I’m asking this probably weird question in the hopes that I may use render as a painting aid tool. It seems it’s already helping as I’ve learned this today thanks to it. Quite mind blowing :smiley: For some reason my intuition was telling me that the horizon line was somehow affected by the height of the viewer, not just by him looking down or up. How wrong I was!!! Thank you Blender!!!

Show us what you want so we don’t have to try and interpret the waffle

Perspective Shift ?

Thank you so very much. I believe that is exactly what I was looking for. I thought I would have to resign myself to rendering much bigger and than cropping but this is so much better as I’m actually moving the right proportion and in a visual way. Thank you so very much! Sorry for not including an image, will try to in the future. Thank you!!!

Thank you very much, that is exactly what i needed. Awesooome!