Rendering crashes the program

Good evening… I am using 2.70 and I tried in 2.63. I have both loaded.
I am working on a project trying to learn Blender… I’m building a sailboat (sloop) following instructions in “Blender 3D Basics” I just put color on the hull of the sailboat and the deck… tried to render… first with 2.63 because I’ve been working in it building this sailboat… been working fine… til I tried to get the camera view up … the program crashes… Will not even open the file now… it crashes…
Opened up 2.70…got the sailboat opened and finally got it into the camera view… had to move around the camera to get it into view… I tried to Render it and the programs crashes…
when they crash, the only thing it says is the program stopped working and Windows is closing it…

I have been working on the boat for two days now and have had no problems with the program til now… I don’t know why it is crashing and don’t know what to look for… could the file be too big? It says it is 609K
I have 5 parts to the boat on Layer 1, two parts on layer 2 and 3 Booleans on layer 3… but am only trying to render layer 1.

I don’t know what to look for to fix it… can’t render the boat … any suggestions… I’ve never had any problems rendering anything before… this is first time am having the problem…

thank you
Barbara

Open a new file and then use File>Append to get the object you were working on in the original file into the new file, and then try to recreate your error. You might just find there was something wrong with the file in question, and that a new file works fine.

I will try that and see if that helps… thanks for reply… will post back after I try… appreciate reply…
have good day

Okay… am not sure how to do this… I opened Blender, clicked File and then Append… click on the file to open but nothing happened… I clicked the top right button link/append from library… I then tried to just do an 'Open" and it crashed the program.

I’m not sure if am doing it right… but am doing File / Append and when I click on the file name… I am bringing each object into new file one at a time… all was going great until I got to one of the items… it crashed the program… so can I assume it is the corrupt object… this is the first time I’ve used this Append thing to fix a file problem…
sorry… am new at this and trying to learn… sure didn’t need problems just learning…
thanks
have good day

I moved all the objects into a new file one at a time and left off the two objects that were created using the Bezier curves… they are the two objects that are causing the program to crash. Today, you cannot even open the file … so got all the other objects loaded except them… and got my image reference image loaded back in. Think I will make the other object out of something else and stay away from the Bezier curves for now… but it is what is causing my program to crash…
thanks
Barbara