Rendering In Cycles Help

Hi, I’ve been having some problems with the Cycles rendering engine and hoped the community could help. My computer is somewhat old but it runs Blender fine. Whenever I go into render mode in Cycles it renders things pretty slowly. And when I try to preform other operations like, pressing a button, changing colors, it kind of “freeze moves,” movements get slow and freeze-y, this gets resolved once the objects have finally been rendered. My computer is a 2006 model HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I was wondering is there anything that I can do to help speed up rendering time? I tried to change to GPU rendering in User Preferences but under Compute Devices, there is no option to change anything. I’ll give you some of my PC specs below. Any help would be appreciated.

In System Information it says:

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2060 @ 1.60Ghz, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 logical…

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB

Available Physical Memory: 196 MB

Total Virtual Memory: 2.33 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 750 MB

With a Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset family.

Thank you!

Your computer spec does not support GPU rendering and is a low spec machine so do not expect to do more than one thing at a time.

• Don’t render the 3d view and change settings at the same time
  • Use the Border render option to render just a selected portion of the view.
  • Split your view to make a small window if you want to see a rendered view
  • Reduce number of render samples
  • Be patient, go and do something else while its rendering.
  • Use the Blender Renderer instead of cycles

I am also having trouble in Blender Cycles Render. Not exactly the same problems but I am relatively new to Cycles Render and need help fixing my resolution. I have a scene set up in Blender and every time I try rendering an image of it, it comes out really grainy and I am not sure how to fix it to make it high-res. Please help if you can.