rendering with a mac

Does anyone know how to turn a Blender animation (or export it) into a movie file or any kind of file that can be played in Quicktime or Final Cut? I’m on OS X 10.5 and I’ve tried everything: changing the codec to Quicktime, changing the codec to AVI raw, naming the tmp/ folder, pressing NTSC in the format panel. Everytime I hit “Anim” it renders but it only shows up on the output tab, not on my drives. ??

The exporting options don’t include NTSC, MPEG, Quicktime, or HDV. They’re all formats I’ve never seen before. Guess I’m out of answers.

All guides and tutorials are pretty much for PC, but even so, still don’t seem to explain how to do this very thing.

On a Mac, the /tmp folder is hidden from many file browsers, including Finder. Make sure when you choose a different folder to save your animations, that you use the blender file browser (the open folder looking button on the left of the output filename) to make sure you know the location to the folder you create/use and can find it in Finder etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man!!! Figured it out from there!

Cheers!!!