rendering with yafray?

i’m a bit struck & need help.
i downloaded the latest yafray installer afew weeks ago it said that it was build with python 2.62 so i thought it would be best compatable with blender 2.49a and installed python version 2.62.but as i opened blender and looked for select renderer drop down i found it was not there. may be its removed so after playing around more i found a button of export to yaf ray in the rendering menu that did open yafray rendrer but it rendered the scene completely black.:confused:

i tried to use it with blender 2.45 but the same thing happened and scene rendered completely back.:no:

can anybody tell me how to render with yaf ray also do i need to make some special settings.

You need to add some lights in the yafaray setting. Have you read the user guide ?
http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide

Richard

you refer at yafray. are you mispelling? in this case check yafAray

ok i have played around with yafaray quite impressive and similar to mental ray renderer of 3ds Max.:rolleyes:

but the picture i rendered has dots on it and i want to know how the heck i get these dots out of my picture.:spin:

but the picture i rendered has dots on it and i want to know how the heck i get these dots out of my picture.

If you are referring to black square dots then it is bug #1 for yafaray developers. They are working on it right now to remove them completely. Make sure that you have the most recent version (1.1) since it removes some of the black dots cases.

i do have it :confused:
and yes i am talking about those square dots.:no: