Rendermen ?

(Al_Capone) #1

I would like to know, what rendermen is being consider of replacing the one that is in Blender ?

(Claws) #2

Over at Blender.org theres an ongoing discussion of this - give that a try.

:o

(Al_Capone) #3

I already try there, damn if it gives any info.

(theeth) #4

did you used the search tools? %|

the renderman export will probably not be restricted to one and only one renderer…

Martin

(Al_Capone) #5

I wasn’t refering tour export, my concern are the ones that will be written in.

(theeth) #6

I was talking about the built-in export, blend -> RIB, with a nice choice box where you can choose which renderer your want to export to (use).

Martin

(Al_Capone) #7

joy

(Claws) #8

As far as i could gather from the Blender.org forum - a guy named Green is starting a project to use 3Delight as an internal renderman render, on the screenshot he posted there will be a button below the “render” button called renderman. Of course this will not be restricted to 3Delight only but other renderman compilants also.He’s using this as a starting point. Read that thread - its quite interesting. :slight_smile:

(Al_Capone) #9

I already did, but I think they are refering to externial renderman, I have a better one in mind that can be coded in and give good result as well, that way the externial one can be optional

(theeth) #10

I’m not sure you understood correctly…

unless you code your own renderman compliant renderer and code it directly in Blender, not calling a library (DLL or akin) than is is EXTERNAL.

Martin