request: Blender 2.5 free rigs and stuff

I’m in the process of trying to wrap a book I’ve been working on for some time (in the process meaning I better hurry up on those last chapters!) The final chapter will not only be a summary chapter for the book, but will also tell the reader where they can go for further help (e.g. this forum) and where they can download resources to help them in their projects, texture libraries, free model sites, rigs etc.

The problem I have right now, is that most freely available rigs seem to be made for older versions of Blender (e.g. 2.49 compatible) but may be somewhat broken in 2.5. I was wondering if people wouldn’t mind pointing me to rigs which are 2.5 compatible so I could direct readers to them.

Other free resources would be helpful, such as Gimp, Mypaint, Inkscape, or VooDoo motiontracker (free at least for personal use), though I’m anticipating it’s rigs that I may want mostly.

Could people please post this thread with their ideas?

Thanks Atom, that’s an awesome site I never knew about. It has some rigs specifically labeled as 2.5 versions (very helpful). Looks like a fun project to contribute to as well.

Atom, you beat me, thanks for getting our name out there.