Request for game example that works

(Rob) #1

Is there an example of a Blender game anywhere, that is simple & fun, while being fast on a ‘normal computer’?

I have yet to find one, there are loads of great games, that run like a dog with no legs.

I am using Microsoft, the machine spec should not matter, it’s not that old and it will run any comercial game really fast. Is it a directX compatibilty thing or what? Would an OpenGL card do the trick? Really the issue is with Blender and not the hardware, while Blender is free this is fine, I would not like to have to pay for something that effectively does not work.

Still Blender is great stuff!

Rob.

(Pooba) #2

Blender uses OpenGL, so if you don’t have it or your card doesn’t support it, blender would run like crap. What do you mean by “running microsoft?” Are you using Windows, or is the card you’re using made by microsoft? If you can, buy a more updated card, like the Geoforce 2 or if you really want a nice one, get the Geoforce 4 TI.

Did this help?

Pooba

(gargola) #3

Well,i’m more than grateful that this awesome program is free(Blender)and i give a million thanx!Now,if your machine is slow or doesn’t have a decent card,don’t spect it to run a 3d program like Blender. :slight_smile:

(wiseman303) #4

The first thing you should do is go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your card.

While your there, check to make sure your card is opengl compatible. If it isn’t, you may have to buy a new graphics card that is.

Textures can also slow down a game on older computers. If your making a game and no amout of optimization can make it run fast, try using vertex paint instead of textures.

(Rob) #5

Yes yes yes I know Blender is brilliantly fantastic, and I am really luck it does not cost loads of money.

Rob