Request For Tutorial

I’m looking for a tutorial that explains how to feather, rig and pose a bird (parrot) in different positions. I need its beak and eyes to be able to open and close, its wings/feathers to fold and extend, its tail feathers to fan out, crest feathers to move up and down, legs and feet to fold up for flight or grasp a perch, and body feathers to fluff out and in. I’ve modeled and retopo’d a bird that you can use, or you can use your own model. I don’t want it just done for me, though, because I want to learn how to do it, but I have very limited time (this is a personal project) and haven’t been able to find anything that succinctly shows how to do all this. I’ll pay for the tutorial, and you’re also of course free to offer it for sale (or free) to others. If you’re interested, pm me and let me know what you’d charge for such a project, and how long it would take. Examples of your work would be helpful, too :slight_smile:

Many thanks

I’d say just become a member for a month at CGcookie and follow this course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHlsQSM0Pvc

You should be able to download all the source and video files (its not illegal; they offer the option for offline watching) and end your membership after the month if you so desire.

I doubt you will find better bang for your buck in regards to your question. Not affiliated with CGcookie btw, just remembered seeing this course as part of their repertoire.

Yes, that’s pretty much exactly what I need–but in 2.8 or higher! I only started using Blender with 2.8.