Reset rotation?

Ok, I’ve gotten into a bad habit of rotating whilst not deselecting the z axis so things end up off centre vertically. If viewed from the side things are skewed, is there a quick and easy way to get back to flat?
I’ve tried selecting the whole object in object mode and zeroing the rotation parameters in the transform menu but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Also if you’re in top ortho mode why does blender rotate on the z axis anyway?

(edit: zeroing the x and y axis seems to have worked this time, is that the right way to do it? I wonder why I didn’t have any luck with it before.)

Also if you’re in top ortho mode why does blender rotate on the z axis anyway?
What other way would you expect it to rotate ?
Clear the objects rotation with Alt+A. What result you get will depend on whether you rotated the mesh (in edit mode) or the object (in object mode). Alt+A clears the object rotation.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don’t know, if I’m looking at something from the top down I can’t judge the z rotation well so being able to disable the z rotation when in this mode makes sense to me. If I want to change the rotation on the z axis I’ll view from the side. I guess each user expects something slightly different based on their experiences.

I’ve just got to get used to hitting shift-z :wink:

Thanks for the alt a shortcut and you’ve probably hit the distinction on the head, I rotated in object mode this time and was probably in edit last time.

Cheers.