resetting pose to match edit

I’m getting too lazy to search for an answer on the forum.

That being said,

I built my armature before building my model, weird huh?

Now that I am building my model I should build it to what the armature looks like in the “rest” position which is the edit screen? Am I right about that?

Also, I can’t get my pose screen to look like my edit screen because I’ve gone ahead and started posing and adding action constraints and the like. How can I set things back to the “rest” position?

THanks.

Am I right about that

No, as long as your vert groups have the same names as your bones and you use the “Don’t Name Groups” option to parent them then the mesh will conform to the armature (if it doesn’t then go into and out of edit mode on the mesh).

get my pose screen to look like my edit screen

Select all bones in Pose mode and do Alt-R, but, if you really must then you’ll probably have to do it manually; not worth the trouble.

%<

I want my mesh to match my bones in the edit window. When I go to object window to select my mesh the bones assume their pose position. When I go back into edit to adjust my mesh the bones remain in their pose position instead of edit position. Is that making any sense? I know it sounds like a mouthful.

I also tried Alt-R and the bones went to their original rotation? I don’t know about that. They went into some kind of rotation and I guess you could call it “original” if you define original as something never seen before.

LOL!!!

Why do tou want your mesh to match your bones in edit mode?

%<

Why do tou want your mesh to match your bones in edit mode?

Well, I’m assuming if you built a mesh first you would likely place the bones in the location of your mesh. I’m going the reverse so I thought I would put my mesh near my bones.

I’m using envelopes and no vertex groups. Well, I do have vertex groups assigned to each bone but vertex groups is not checked under my Armature of Armature modifier windows.

It looks like things are starting to work a little now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.