Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

Hello friends!
Today I bring you screens of the drawings that are on the Noam House Board:

They were drawn by Noam in person :upside_down_face:
…On the drawings Noam portrayed some of the things he dreams about doing if he had Arms :thinking: Hummm! Why would someone dream about eating an Apple!?

Have a great Sunday everyone! :wink:

3 Likes

looks great, as always! :sunglasses:

any plans on adding a splash of color or deco to houses to further differentiate the residences? even a select few landmarks, the house covered in potted plants, the cat ladys house, etc?

Hey @Daedalus_MDW , Thanks! :smiley:
Hehe, for the moment it ain’t a priority as the action is all centered on Noam House and all the city shots are wide shots and very short… Although :cowboy_hat_face: once we have all primary things made and if the chances of selling the project reveal to be promising, we may indeed bring those and many other details to the table.

Hello guys!

Today I bring you some simple clothes to be extended on ropes.
Tomorrow I will put the textures and it will be ready.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started to texturize the clothes and lay them on the clothesline.
When I finish placing all the clotheslines in the village I will show you how it looks in the scenery.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
In the last days I’ve been painting the High Quality terrain for the Noam Town.
Let’s see the before and the after:

The new terrain is a 2nd object on top of the original terrain and it was painted with Armory Paint:

The decision of using Armory Paint instead of blender was due two main reasons:
1 - Armory Paint can paint materials (albedo, normal, roughness, ao, etc) and then automatically output all of those maps too;
2 - Armory paint can paint up to 16K textures in real time :flushed: (although I only painted them in 8K).

I don’t have enough power for 8K textures, so I’ve downscale them to 4K and the results are visible above.
Because this wouldn’t be enough to more close shots I’ve made two materials (both using the exact same shader, just different textures), one for the place the characters will walk and another for everything else:

And suddenly we can get closer :slight_smile:
Now in terms of paint this is good, to get better now it has to be done with real geometry, like grass and cobblestones, but that is another adventure :cowboy_hat_face:

Until next time!

4 Likes

:warning: DANGER :warning:
Production hat on

The purpose of Resilience Satelle is to be sold once completed.
The ideal goal would be to pack it inside a physical container (a custom 16Gb USB stick) with as many extras as possible. (I’ll add this info in the first post once it’s sure).

If you happen to read this I would like to hear some of your thoughts (as this is for you :smile:) regarding a few questions that I have:

• By these days where is the most trust worthy place to sell something like this (for me and you)?
  • What kind of extras you would like to see with it ( be specific, a making of is granted :wink: )?
  • How many copies would be plausible for a first release? The minimum is 25, from the USB factory… so don’t say 1 hehe :yum:
  • How much would be a reasonable price?
  • Custom USB stick is a good idea!? … or, let’s just join the future and keep it by the Digital Download thing :cold_sweat: Please be gentle!

Best regards

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the village well. Tomorrow I make the roof and some details and it will be complete, ready to put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

steam is a very popular game platform, and in fact, i dont even know any other :sweat_smile:

they even have a bonus dlc type thing that you could offer up?

i think usb or hard copy media is long gone, especially when you add world wide shipping to mix. some of us have internet speeds that would deliver the game faster then you could deliver a usb to neighbor. most of us have speeds that deliver faster then shipping.

time constraints are a big player too, many of us find our selfs with some spare time, and thats the time we seek to fill. id buy the game if i could download it and start playing in the hour of spare time, but pass it by and find something else (probably forgetting it) if i had to order it.

factoring in replay value is another big consideration.

long story short, id say err on the side of lower cost and have an extras bundle as dlc, maybe with more game content. a common thing today is getting you in the door with a low cost game, then offering expansions as extra.

ps.
once released, do you plan to add updates maybe a few new stories? or sell expansion packs?

Thank you very much @Daedalus_MDW for taking the time for some words and keeping with us! You’re a Pal!

There’s itch.io too, but I guess steam is indeed much more famous. Then we have Google Playstore for Android and the App Store for the i-phones, I see no problem in releasing it for those too.

Here we have internet ranging from 4 mbps to 0.2 mbps (average is 1.5 mbps), therefore would take a week to download the project here… but you’re ultimately right, I guess that, in average, everyone is running faster. I don’t expect to sell much anyway (1000 copies would be my goal), so I could personally go to the post office to send the project, I wouldn’t mind to do that 1000 times if I had to :sweat_smile: lol
…But that would be indeed more expensive due the need to pay for the usb pen it self.

No, Resilience Satelle when done will be done in the Gold… Rhodium :grin: phase and there wont be DLC, although, if it does sell I can consider a Resilience Satelle 2… but I have more stories that I would like to make too, so no promises on that.

Hello guys!

Yesterday I finished the village well.
I chose aged wood to give it a more rustic look.
Today I will start a new object and I will post the feedback here.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

I’d love to see this product on a platform like Steam too.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: I see that Steam needs to be an option indeed.

Would be even more awesome if it’s available in VR :wink: So far your project reminds me a bit of Allumette for some reason, a VR-app also available on Steam.

Do you consider that VR is taking off or it’s already landing? :slight_smile: Do you feel it has demand even in a couple of years from now? As soon Eevee gets the panoramic rendering it may be an option indeed.

I’m not sure to be honest. I have an Oculus Rift headset but I notice I use it less now than before. But VR is a great medium to tell stories and I bet the world you’re creating would look breathtaking in VR.

1 Like

the issue with vr is the significant rendering cost, lack of good control scheme, and very expensive hardware requiring a whole room if maximized.

and the issue of panoramic vr is lack of depth, unless you render a left and a right equirectangular.

id love to get a pc vr headset, but atm its ahead of its time.

The Stereo equirectangular rendering also is on the to do list for Eevee, so we need to wait a bit more to see what will happen. I personally am not a big fan of VR, but because this is a 15 minutes experience it may work.

Hello guys!

Today I started a new object, which is to block access to the cave, because of the dangers that exist in it.
I will put up some danger warning signs to make it obvious that it is a dangerous place to pass.
Tomorrow I hope to be finished and put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Today… :lying_face: …a few days ago :slight_smile: we had a a chicken offered for Resilience Satelle by my good friend and director of the short animation Curiositas @pajo Paulo Cristóvão. The chicken wasn’t painted but it had already a small animation made by Paulo. I painted it my self, ensured the animation would cycle and added them to the scene:

We had tough in chickens here, but we probably wouldn’t want to have the trouble to make, rig and animate them, so Thank you very much my friend! :wink:

2 Likes