Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

The Stereo equirectangular rendering also is on the to do list for Eevee, so we need to wait a bit more to see what will happen. I personally am not a big fan of VR, but because this is a 15 minutes experience it may work.

Hello guys!

Today I started a new object, which is to block access to the cave, because of the dangers that exist in it.
I will put up some danger warning signs to make it obvious that it is a dangerous place to pass.
Tomorrow I hope to be finished and put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Today… :lying_face: …a few days ago :slight_smile: we had a a chicken offered for Resilience Satelle by my good friend and director of the short animation Curiositas @pajo Paulo Cristóvão. The chicken wasn’t painted but it had already a small animation made by Paulo. I painted it my self, ensured the animation would cycle and added them to the scene:

We had tough in chickens here, but we probably wouldn’t want to have the trouble to make, rig and animate them, so Thank you very much my friend! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m so glad that you liked it and can’t wait to see this experience in real time my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the access to the cave completely finished.
We put some signs of danger to make it obvious that it is not a good idea to cross the cave.
Monday I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Today I’ve been making the first tests with lighting up the lanterns.
The lanterns are all instances, and the lighted ones had a Point Lamp to give the light.

Full of confidence on my instanced lamps I turned everything on and switched to rendered mode :laughing:
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pensive: It could only went worse if the computer had actually explode, because it not only crashed blender like the entire computer.

So, I’ve slow down and the first thing I did was disable the shadows (shadows in more than one lamp makes all slow immediately) on the Point lamp; deactivated all collections except the island mesh and the boat docs and this shown up:

Back in business I thought :grin:
…So I’ve activated the houses collection too and:

All the docs lamps turned off :sweat:
The problem seems to be that Eevee can only deal with 128 lamps, even if they are all instances.
Also all these lamps and Volumetric fog don’t go well together and crash everything up again.

The candle light has a material on the flame that emits light, so a solution may be increase the emission value and bake the lightning, but that not only takes 5 hours to calculate but also increases the file size from 5Mb to 1000Mb. There should be an option to save the cached light info on the disk, but so far there ain’t (as far I know).

… Night time needs more thinking :thinking: The easy way didn’t work.
See you guys on Monday! Have a great Sunday! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys had a great weekend!
Here’s the concept painted by Mr. Daniel Thiele for the Moget Town, located on the East side of the Mushroom Island.

@Rute_Perdiz will now start working on it.

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started in another city, on the other side of the island, which will be where the second character will be,Moget.
Because we have to study how the city and houses will be composed, it didn’t give me time to start modeling.
Most of the time I was in research work to give me some ideas and foundations, and in the end I made the outline of the house that will be the character’s home.
The draft is based on the conceptual design of the project.
Tomorrow I will start modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started modeling the Moget’s house.
It is not easy because the roof is so different from usual, but a few more adjustments and it will look good.
i already put the places that will be the entrances and windows of the house.
Tomorrow I hope to evolve more on the roof.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

…And I made the Mushrooms that are better seen on the Moget Town concept paint:

Nothing really impressive, but they had to be made :roll_eyes:

The under side is a bit more thick than in real life, but that is because they will only bee seen from very far far away and therefore it minimizes the issues with Z-buffering.

They are just one cap and one trunk by the way, the other two are 4 instances of those two original objects. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Today I’ve placed the mushrooms in location. Now the island has a reason to be called “Mushroom island” :slight_smile:

The roots were made with the new Grease Pencil object, that automatically projects the lines on the geometry. Then they were decimated and textured with both materials and vertex paint colors to give them some additional variation.

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more little progress in modeling of the Moget’s house.
It has been a little difficult because of the shape of the roof but I think it will work now.
Tomorrow I will start new details.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the Moget’s house a little more complete.
Today I made the windows and doors, as well as some more details.
I used Nordic symbols as a reference to decide what the details would be like.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

…Meanwhile I’ve been improving the Bump maps, specially on the rocks… to make them look more Rocky… :thinking: Hummm, this can be miss interpreted… not like Rocky Balboa you see… more Roc… anyway :smile:
Enough typing, let’s get visual! :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m attempting to make the rock more sharp and rough but still looking like painted. I don’t want to make them realistic.

Clouds also look a bit better now, but this is related with blender development, I did nothing to them.
Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the complete modeling of the Moget’s house.
I will start with texturing and finally I will place the tiles on the roof.
I hope you enjoy the last details I put.

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
The “Real Sky” add-on by Wolf was updated today and it fixes it Blender 2.81 compatibility issues.
As such I’ve made a few tests and these are the results for a sunset time:

:face_with_monocle: Hummm! :thinking: … It kind of looks cool :slightly_smiling_face:
:cowboy_hat_face: But many things to fix yet

Have a great Sunday!

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started to texturize Moget’s house.
Here the woods will be a little darker than the other village.
Tomorrow I hope I’m done and I’ll start laying the tiles.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

…Just to explain a bit further, the wood of Moget house is exactly the same texture than the ones on Noam house, just colorized to a more reddish mood. The only reason is to save memory. On top of the textures we also added a grunge map to make it look more old.

Meanwhile I keep make ambient testing :nerd_face: and ensuring all looks good on all times of the day

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of Moget’s house.
Tomorrow I start laying the tiles and so will be completed and ready to put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I was laying the tiles at Moget’s house.
It will be a longer process because of the shape of the roof, I have to fix one by one as I have not found another easier and more effective way to do it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like