Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys had a great Halloween! :cowboy_hat_face:
Today I’ve been improving the appearance of the sand during the low tide (please ignore the floating boats):

The goal was to have it in good resolution for close ups and without looking tilled from far away. it was achieved mixing two sand materials and a transparency map that blends it with the Island texture.

@Rute_Perdiz Those lanterns look awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

…And some Seashells to place here and there as needed :slight_smile:

I actually brought them from the beach, back in 2009 and modeled them using the original ones pictures.
Now I’ve just converted them to Eevee.

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I made the holders that will support the lanterns in the village.
I made two different models, one to put in the houses and another to put on the wooden treadmill.
They are all dark and gold iron in medieval style.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

I am loving the project ! :smiley: Rogper if you want i can 3d print one of the houses !

1 Like

:scream_cat: :star_struck: …Yes We Want :smiley: ! WOW thank you very much!
What do you need to make it happen? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comment ricaxe! I’m very glad just for knowing that you’re following the project and even more that you are enjoying it!

I’ll ask @Rute_Perdiz which house she would like to see printed.

Best regards
Rogério

1 Like

Hello friends,
Hope you guys had a great weekend,

Today I’ve made the rig for the windmill. There are some things that are better seen in motion and this one is just the case :slight_smile:
…To warm up here’s a very long, detailed and complex technical explanation :nerd_face::

Enough talking, let’s see the results:

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the sketch of another house to compose the Moget’s village.
I still just made the base, to know how it will be in size and height.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Today I’m on fire with screen captured videos :smirk_cat:
:roll_eyes: …As such, here goes one more featuring the making of the new smoke for the Lanterns:

The smoke is a combination of a 2D procedural material, that was adapted from the EMBER Procedural Fire Asset Pack (which is also present on the balloons fire), and an 3D object, animated by a procedural cloud material and the Displace modifier.

Until tomorrow, have a great night (or day)! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished modeling the house and started texturing.
As it is not a house that will be highlighted, I will not put many ornaments or details.
Tomorrow will be over and put on the scene!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

…And I have been making the smoke on the chimneys:

…Looks better in motion :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of the house, added the lanterns and already put it in the scene. The windows and doors were reused from the previous house. I did not put many decorative ornaments because this house will not be a focal point in animation.
Tomorrow I will start in a new one.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

:warning: Production hat on :warning:

I’ve subscribed as a Steamworks partner and these seem to be the requirements to sell on Steam:

• For each game you want to sell you have to pay 100 USD in advance;
  • After you reach 1000 USD of income they will return to you the 100 USD
    …And that’s pretty much it.

So, all seems good :thinking: apparently no difficult to accomplish requirements… but I’m still reading all the documentation, so I don’t want to trow a party :partying_face: just yet …

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started the base of another house for the village of Moget.
This house will be very simple but I will try to give it a touch that differentiates it from the others. Tomorrow I will make the various types of windows that compose it and will place some missing elements.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Today I’ve been making the contact foam, the foam that is visible when water hits on an obstacle:

I’ve attempted many things that I’ve seen on other places, like dynamic paint and such, but in the end we can’t use all the resources in a thing that it’s barely noticeable.
I’ve ended up figuring out a shader with procedural textures that when animated it just looks real nice:

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the modeling of another house for the village. Only the chimney is missing, but I will do it tomorrow.
Today I made some simple but different windows, all made of wood and put an iron ornament on top of the tower of the house (designed by me).
Tomorrow I hope the house is completely finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished another village house. I added a round chimney and all the bars that support the roof, I almost forgot to put them.
Monday I will start a new house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Hello guys!

I hope you had a good weekend.
Today I started a new house,only it base is made yet. It will be a tower with a porch all around (in wood).
Tomorrow I hope you can do more details.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends,
The forum rules ( 3 consecutive posts ) didn’t allowed for @Rute_Perdiz to write today progress, as such, I’m posting it on her behalf:

"Hello guys!

Today the tower began to take shape !!
I started by placing the door and windows in the right place and then detailed the corners of the tower. The roof was more complicated, I made the top ornament and decided to put a stone detail at the ends to make the tower unique. Tomorrow I will start the porch.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz"

2 Likes

i hope you dont let the silence discourage you, i eagerly check this thread daily for updates. :sunglasses:

yes, theres the “subscribe” button, but i find it much more thrilling to discover for myself :wink:

Hey @Daedalus_MDW, Hehe I feel that you are watching :cowboy_hat_face: there are a few daily views, so we know that people are giving this a look once in a wile.
I’m happy you’re enjoying the progress, this is the main purpose of all this and, if we had more time, we would show and explain much more.