Resilience Satelle

Hello Friends!

I’ve decided to render only 700 frames, instead of the 750 I’ve mentioned… and doing so I can inform that they are all completed :slight_smile:

Next will come the sound/editing work :smiley: If all goes as planed I’ll may have this proof of concept done by the end of the week.

1 Like

There was a small issue with the walk cycle that, although easy to fix, it requires the re rendering of the entire shot.

Moget that in Blender 2.79 runs textured at 30fps now on 2.81 only go up to 10fps in any visualization mode. Steven Seagull had no issues because it runs at 30+ fps due to it very simple rig.

Knowing this I’ve rendered many previews from Eevee to ensure the walk was at the right speed, but after rendering it in cycles and from the 360º camera point of view… it’s not right and is too much distracting :confused: …Back to the animation.

Hello friends!
The big issues of the animation are now fixed and is rendering again. It still has a few small issues, but hopefully wont ruin the experience :slight_smile:
As soon the renders complete again I’ll start on the sound work:

1 Like

Hello guys!

First of all, I apologize for the absence, but in the meantime came some work I needed to do.
Today I bring you one more house to compose the Moget’s village.
Some adornments are missing and soon I will start to texturize.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished one more house.
This one is simpler as it will not be close to the scene.
Tomorrow I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
:partying_face: Ladies and Gentleman! Please pause everything you’re doing and gather around to experience the very first animated Proof of Concept for Resilience Satelle! :partying_face:

I’ve tested it on Google Cardboard and on simple Youtube, in 2D and 3D. It works! :slight_smile: If you have some fancy Virtual Reality equipment will work even better. You may consider this the very minimum quality (animation/graphics/sound wise) to expect from the final product. It can’t get any lower than this. :thinking:

• Directional sound on Blender:
    It may be of interest to you to learn how I made the sound directional :slight_smile:
    If, like I was, you are puzzled with the “Pan” values in the sound stripes on the Sequencer:
    Pan
    Search no further for an explanation… well I actually made, on blender, a graphic tool that makes it as easy as possible to understand and use:

Pan goes from -2 to 2 and that is so you can have sound, not only from Left to Right, but actually all around you :nerd_face: I made the yellow square to drive the speaker location and so I know exactly wich value to use on the “Pan” to have the sound precisely were I want it to be.
    …this actually would be great if they could make this a default option for adjusting the Pan… I had a lot of troubles to figure this out.

Please don’t be a stranger and let me know what you think of this little test :slight_smile:
Every opinium will be held in consideration and will help to improve the final quality of the product.

Thanks for the attention!
Best regards
-Rogério-

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started another house to compose the village.
This will be simple too, but I put a balcony on the roof to be a little different from the others.
Already have the place where the doors and windows will be. Tomorrow I hope it is already completely modeled.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished the modeling of the house, as I mentioned yesterday that would be.
Simple but different from those around it.
Tomorrow I will start to texturize.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

A friend of my just confirmed me that the Proof of Concept works on the Youtube of the PS4 with the Playstation VR googles :smiley: :rainbow: :star_struck:

Edit: After complete analises, the PS4 VR also has integrated support to load the original VR movie from an USB pen which is the ideal for persons that, like us, have internet at 0.5Mbps. Also seems that for PS5 there will be a PSVR 2 headset coming.

If anyone has one of the other VR headsets (valve, oculus, vive, etc) I would love to know what you are experiencing! :slight_smile:

Hello guys!

Today I finished one more house in the village and meanwhile I started the base of a new one, which will be on the side of this one.
Tomorrow I will post screens, when it is composed.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more finished house and it will be the last one I will do this week :slight_smile:
I made a small balcony in the loft, which in my opinion is a cozy corner that makes you want to be there ehehehe :blush:

I’ll be back on Monday for one more object. Have a nice weekend :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

Hope you like it!
Best regards,

Hello guys!

Today I started another house that will complete the rear row of the area near the cave.
This will be just a tower that has access to a terrace. I thought something simple and that didn’t look like a private house.
Tomorrow I hope to have the structure of the house completely modeled.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Another friend of my just seen the proof of concept and confirmed me that everything works great on "Oculus Rift S" also :star_struck: :rainbow:
He also confirmed that works on windows, android, linux, consoles and anything possible because only the controls are different from platform to platform; being a video it works on anything.

I took the chance to replaced the initial image on the video (that featured the sketched logo) by something that actually shows what you’ll expect to see. I sometimes do things in the rush and then it goes less than optimal :thinking:

Someone has the Valve Index by any chance? :upside_down_face:

Hello guys!

Today I added a little more to the details of the house.
I had some setbacks so it was not a big evolution as I expected today.
I hope tomorrow it will be modeled.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

valla me gusta, no es una animación tan fluida pero luce bien, ¿eso seria una intro?

Hello @xhenier!
Thanks for your comment! You’re right, it’s a rough animation, but for the real shots I’ll go the extra mile to have it as fluid as Bruce Lee movements! :sweat_smile: This piece, it’s just a test to see if Blender Virtual Reality animation is a thing possible right now, it’s not related with the story. It’s like driving a Rally car on the parking lot :smile:

Spanish (from google translate):
¡Gracias por tu comentario! Tienes razón, es una animación aproximada, ¡pero para las tomas reales haré un esfuerzo adicional para tenerla tan fluida como los movimientos de Bruce Lee! Esta pieza, es solo una prueba para ver si la animación de Realidad Virtual de Blender es posible en este momento, no está relacionada con la historia. Es como conducir un auto Rally en el estacionamiento.

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the modeled house.
I added some details to the exterior so it wouldn’t be so empty.
I also placed a trident ornament on top of the roof to make it more original.
Tomorrow I will start to texture.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of the house.
I leave some screens of the details :slight_smile:
Today I already started the draft version of the next house, but tomorrow I will post.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started another house.
I have already detailed the roof area and started to install the windows and doors.
It will be very simple and I hope Monday is already over.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys are having great times!

On today show:
I’ve improved the clif textures, so that when the camera is very close there is now fine details/granularity (you may have to see these maximized to note the difference):

I’ve also added some white spots to match the ones on the rocks texture, disguising a bit more the transition… and all of this without changing the previous look when seen from far away:

I’ve also improved the roof tile textures a bit :slight_smile:

@Rute_Perdiz has almost finished modeling the house in the previous post by now, but progress report may only arrive tomorrow.

Until next time!

2 Likes