Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

Hello friends!
Because @Rute_Perdiz has reached her 3 consecutive posts limit I’m posting this update on her name:

Hey guys!

Today I finished the farmer’s hat.
I also added and cleaned the character’s geometry to start painting.

It is already ready to be painted. Monday I will start.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hi, are you two gonna try the mixer add-on to work together on it?

2 Likes

@Zelfior
The mixer add-on!!? :thinking:
I don’t know what it is, but now that you’ve mentioned it, I’ll have to look for it :slight_smile:

Edit: Haha!!! VERY interesting! Will have to make some tests! Thank you very much for mentioning it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys!

Today I started painting the textures of our farmer Geraldo.
I’ve already managed to finish the vest, pants and sweater.
Tomorrow I will go to the belt and the boots, leaving the hat and fur for last.
I hope to be able to finish this week.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hey guys!

Today I finished painting our farmer’s clothes.
All accessories are detailed.
Tomorrow I will start the fur.
I hope to finish the character tomorrow.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Having worked for the last month doing scene assemblies with both engines, Unreal and Unigine

I at this point can’t decide with which is the best to proceed with…

Both have important Pros and Cons… I lean most to Unigine, especially due to its gorgeous volumetric clouds (real volumes like blender) and volumetric real-time effects, unlimited terrain, etc… But Unreal does have better tools, especially for animations, all assets on the Quixel library for free, beter tools for roads and rivers… as such, because it’s eminent the release of UE5

We’ll wait a bit longer before start porting the assets for the game engine.

1 Like

Hey guys!

Today I managed to finish our farmer’s painting!
Now the final phase will be in charge of Rogerio Perdiz, who has the task of placing a skeleton on him.
Tomorrow I will start a new sketch for a new character.

I hope you like Geraldo, the farmer !!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I finished a new sketch for a new character.
It will be the witch / herbalist of the village that I have named Matilda.
Tomorrow I start modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I started to model the new character that I sketched for the village.
I managed to finish the sweater, skirts and bodice.
Tomorrow I will make the scarf and go to the shoes.
Then I will detail all the elements better.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Unreal Engine 5

Is out to early preview and can be now downloaded.
Will make a thorough investigation a.s.a.p. to determine if Resilience Satelle can run on it.

Hey guys!

Today I finished the scarf and some details on the character’s clothes.
I had already started modeling the shoes, but as I haven’t finished them yet, tomorrow I will show them.

I think that tomorrow I will be able to start modeling the hat, and later this week I will start painting.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

You already have a base on unreal engine 4? The guys who work on BFME reforged already claim to have transfered it to UE5, so it should work well

I still haven’t started the porting to the game engine! I’ve been unsure in which game engine I should proceed Unreal Vs Unigine, so I’ve been waiting for UE5 to start the porting.

…Unfortunately, UE5 seems not to want to build in Linux! :neutral_face: :expressionless:
edit: Hummm my Clang was outdated! Trying again!
Edit2: Nope! It doesn’t build on Linux Mint 20.1
Edit3: Builds but Nanite and Lumen aren’t supported for Linux, just windows and consoles.

Ok, so having read a lot of UE5 documentation, by now…

Seems possible to port Resilience Satellite models to Unreal Engine 5, which actually seems to allow for great improvements to them, as now we will no longer have triangle count limits… Specially for the rocks on the mountains we could use the Quixel library rocks and real roof tiles for the houses and all of that!

:thinking: Regarding Linux lack of support for Lumen and Nanite, I guess we can use a virtual machine to install Windows just to run Unreal Engine 5… but anyway, both our computers are very outdated (one has 9 years old and the other almost 7), so they can’t run Lumen or Nanite even so :neutral_face:

We’re stuck in a tech Limbo.

1 Like

Hey guys!

First of all, I apologize for the absence, as I had some work to do.
Today I managed to finish the witch’s boots and started the hat.
I haven’t finished it yet, but I hope that tomorrow is already over.
As soon as I finish, I will then prepare the character to be painted.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hey guys!

Today I finished the complete modeling of the character.
I managed to detail the hat.
Next step will be to simplify the modeling to be able to paint.
I’m going away for a few days because I’ll have some work to do.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

I have all kind of news, Good, bad and so so :slight_smile:

On Wednesday my Nvidia Titan X with 12Gb of ram died after 6 years on the line of duty!
In these days of madness… Hardware shortage (you decide how you prefer to call it), I was only able to buy an Nvidia 2060 with 6Gb as the replacement and even so insanely overpriced.

The thing is that Resilience Satelle was using “every part of the buffalo” of the Titan X and was making good use of all its available memory. Now with just half of it :face_with_thermometer:

@Rute_Perdiz will continue developing the characters, but I’m now a bit more constrained than before on the scene assembly and enhancement of it.

Brother project:
…We’re considering making a new demo scene, a small 1 to 2 minutes (maximum) fast-paced action short animation… something in a very tinny set :slight_smile: more prepared to 6Gb cards, as both I and Rute have now a 2060 and 1060 (respectively) with 6Gb of ram… something really well made, at Pixar level, to try to lift our image a bit, prove that we know what we’re doing and hopefully… bring all the attention again to Resilience Satelle and gain more interest from potential investors, so we can renew all our entire hardware.

When a door closes… we cut the wall and keep on the path :sweat_smile: :cowboy_hat_face:
Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Hey guys!

Today I went back to working on the character.
I started to join and simplify the geometry so that I could paint.
Monday I will start painting and thus finish the character completely.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Edit:
Real Rogério now writting:
This is what happens when you need to use the wife computer while your’s malfunctioning :laughing: I left the account turned on and now @Rute_Perdiz shared this post thinking that she was login on her account! I apologize for the mistake! :slight_smile:

Stay persistent! Even with setbacks, I’m impressed by all you’ve managed to accomplish. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @ArtAvenue !
Thank you very much for your encouragement! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: :hugs:
No worries, we won’t stop and we won’t quit either, we just need to slow down a bit, to snail velocity, but as soon we gain traction again we’ll have this going faster than a Lancia Delta HF Integrale on a gravel road! :laughing:

3 Likes