Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

This is a very cool project, and one I can tell you two are very passionate about! :slightly_smiling_face: As someone who loves both movies and games I respect the idea of putting the two together to create something special. Awesome to see the work created so far. And hope to see it continue soon! I also hope your other current project is going well.

1 Like

Hello ArtAvenue!
Thank you very much for your comment! Since the very begging of my serious career (2006 onwards) that my goal is to accomplish something like this… I hope to finally accomplish it with RS :sweat_smile:
We are very happy to know that you’re enjoying the progress, that’s the most important for us.
We’ll get back as soon as possible and I really can’t wait for it too. :slight_smile:
Best regards
-Rogério-

1 Like

Hello guys!

I came back with some advances in the project.
I started to texturize the tower zone. Today I put the woods and the little things. Tomorrow I will continue and possibly this zone will be over.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the tower zone. We had to test the type of roof that would look best on the tower and how to place the texture with minimal distortion.
To make it work, we changed the roof of the wooden walkway to the same type of tower tile.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

I’ve just loaded my wife awesome tower to the scene, let’s see how it looks in place:

Ho! In case you wounder how is the view on the dragon bridge:

Feels safe to me :slight_smile: Yeah, they have good maintainers for the wood, it has treatment :smirk:

Nice Job! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you a windmill that will be on top of one of the mountains.
I looked for references from typical German windmills and went from there.
Tomorrow I will make the windows and doors and finish the wooden porch.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I finished the second floor balcony and put the windows and doors in place.
Tomorrow I will make the propellers of the mill and then the modeling work will be complete.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

First of all I wanted to mention that we had to change the structure of the windmill because it would not be functional and credible if it was square. So after further reference searches we opted for a rounded tower with the house that grabs the base.
At the moment I am finishing the porch and then I will continue for more adornment and finally I will make the sails of the mill.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
My wife, @Rute_Perdiz stumbled on a 3 consecutive posts limitation of the Forum and as such couldn’t post today progress.
Therefore I’ll be making the update for her:

She started the day by adding details to the balcony support structure and ornaments. After that she started fleshing it out the cap of the wind mill and made the structure for he Fan tail. Next week she’ll complete the fan tail and will start on the sails.

To be continued on Monday, so don’t loose the next episode because we won’t either :laughing:
Have a great Sunday everybody!

1 Like

Hi Rogerio and Rute! Cool project, keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

Hello Bernardo! Cool to see you here :smiley: Thanks! We’re very happy that you are enjoying it!

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished the whole structure of the mill fantail. It was a little difficult to understand how this part of the mill really works, so we had to deepen our research and try to reproduce what we understand.
Tomorrow I will start on the sails and so I will be closer to the end of modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the sails (I’m still making adjustments). We had to research how they are made to better understand the curvature and its material.
After the sails are finished I think the mill modeling will be finished and so I will texturize.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

I bring you the latest images of the mill before being textured.
Today I finished the sails zone, giving a more personal touch at the end. I also placed the tiles on the whole roof and the tower in the wood.
Tomorrow I’ll start texturing!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello Friends!
Today I’ve bring you a Blender tip :slight_smile:
How to correctly set up the nodes for using PBR materials with Eevee:

I found out only recently this my self. I been doing this wrongly for ever, but now that I’ve nailed it, everything just looks so wonderful :astonished:

3 Likes

Hello guys!
I bring you then the fully finished windmill, ready to enter the scene.
We opted for a mill made entirely of wood with only the base that supports it in stone.
Monday I will start modeling a new object.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the docks of Noam City.
We have chosen to make a considerable piece of wooden dock so it can be duplicated. This will make it easier and more practical for texturing.
We use Solidify to give the thickness of the boards , Bevel for the smoothest finish and Displace to look more natural and twisted . The strings are made with curves.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the modeling of the docks. They will be made of wood.
Tomorrow I will start to texturize and then make some objects to decorate.

Hope you like it!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

nice stuff. :+1:
thats some shiny grass :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks Daedalus_MDW! :grin: hehe temporary colors… in the original there’s still “snow” all around :yum: I’m a little behind on the terrain painting.