Resilience Satelle

steam is a very popular game platform, and in fact, i dont even know any other :sweat_smile:

they even have a bonus dlc type thing that you could offer up?

i think usb or hard copy media is long gone, especially when you add world wide shipping to mix. some of us have internet speeds that would deliver the game faster then you could deliver a usb to neighbor. most of us have speeds that deliver faster then shipping.

time constraints are a big player too, many of us find our selfs with some spare time, and thats the time we seek to fill. id buy the game if i could download it and start playing in the hour of spare time, but pass it by and find something else (probably forgetting it) if i had to order it.

factoring in replay value is another big consideration.

long story short, id say err on the side of lower cost and have an extras bundle as dlc, maybe with more game content. a common thing today is getting you in the door with a low cost game, then offering expansions as extra.

ps.
once released, do you plan to add updates maybe a few new stories? or sell expansion packs?

Thank you very much @Daedalus_MDW for taking the time for some words and keeping with us! You’re a Pal!

There’s itch.io too, but I guess steam is indeed much more famous. Then we have Google Playstore for Android and the App Store for the i-phones, I see no problem in releasing it for those too.

Here we have internet ranging from 4 mbps to 0.2 mbps (average is 1.5 mbps), therefore would take a week to download the project here… but you’re ultimately right, I guess that, in average, everyone is running faster. I don’t expect to sell much anyway (1000 copies would be my goal), so I could personally go to the post office to send the project, I wouldn’t mind to do that 1000 times if I had to :sweat_smile: lol
…But that would be indeed more expensive due the need to pay for the usb pen it self.

No, Resilience Satelle when done will be done in the Gold… Rhodium :grin: phase and there wont be DLC, although, if it does sell I can consider a Resilience Satelle 2… but I have more stories that I would like to make too, so no promises on that.

Hello guys!

Yesterday I finished the village well.
I chose aged wood to give it a more rustic look.
Today I will start a new object and I will post the feedback here.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

I’d love to see this product on a platform like Steam too.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: I see that Steam needs to be an option indeed.

Would be even more awesome if it’s available in VR :wink: So far your project reminds me a bit of Allumette for some reason, a VR-app also available on Steam.

Do you consider that VR is taking off or it’s already landing? :slight_smile: Do you feel it has demand even in a couple of years from now? As soon Eevee gets the panoramic rendering it may be an option indeed.

I’m not sure to be honest. I have an Oculus Rift headset but I notice I use it less now than before. But VR is a great medium to tell stories and I bet the world you’re creating would look breathtaking in VR.

1 Like

the issue with vr is the significant rendering cost, lack of good control scheme, and very expensive hardware requiring a whole room if maximized.

and the issue of panoramic vr is lack of depth, unless you render a left and a right equirectangular.

id love to get a pc vr headset, but atm its ahead of its time.

The Stereo equirectangular rendering also is on the to do list for Eevee, so we need to wait a bit more to see what will happen. I personally am not a big fan of VR, but because this is a 15 minutes experience it may work.

Hello guys!

Today I started a new object, which is to block access to the cave, because of the dangers that exist in it.
I will put up some danger warning signs to make it obvious that it is a dangerous place to pass.
Tomorrow I hope to be finished and put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Today… :lying_face: …a few days ago :slight_smile: we had a a chicken offered for Resilience Satelle by my good friend and director of the short animation Curiositas @pajo Paulo Cristóvão. The chicken wasn’t painted but it had already a small animation made by Paulo. I painted it my self, ensured the animation would cycle and added them to the scene:

We had tough in chickens here, but we probably wouldn’t want to have the trouble to make, rig and animate them, so Thank you very much my friend! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m so glad that you liked it and can’t wait to see this experience in real time my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the access to the cave completely finished.
We put some signs of danger to make it obvious that it is not a good idea to cross the cave.
Monday I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Today I’ve been making the first tests with lighting up the lanterns.
The lanterns are all instances, and the lighted ones had a Point Lamp to give the light.

Full of confidence on my instanced lamps I turned everything on and switched to rendered mode :laughing:
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pensive: It could only went worse if the computer had actually explode, because it not only crashed blender like the entire computer.

So, I’ve slow down and the first thing I did was disable the shadows (shadows in more than one lamp makes all slow immediately) on the Point lamp; deactivated all collections except the island mesh and the boat docs and this shown up:

Back in business I thought :grin:
…So I’ve activated the houses collection too and:

All the docs lamps turned off :sweat:
The problem seems to be that Eevee can only deal with 128 lamps, even if they are all instances.
Also all these lamps and Volumetric fog don’t go well together and crash everything up again.

The candle light has a material on the flame that emits light, so a solution may be increase the emission value and bake the lightning, but that not only takes 5 hours to calculate but also increases the file size from 5Mb to 1000Mb. There should be an option to save the cached light info on the disk, but so far there ain’t (as far I know).

… Night time needs more thinking :thinking: The easy way didn’t work.
See you guys on Monday! Have a great Sunday! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys had a great weekend!
Here’s the concept painted by Mr. Daniel Thiele for the Moget Town, located on the East side of the Mushroom Island.

@Rute_Perdiz will now start working on it.

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started in another city, on the other side of the island, which will be where the second character will be,Moget.
Because we have to study how the city and houses will be composed, it didn’t give me time to start modeling.
Most of the time I was in research work to give me some ideas and foundations, and in the end I made the outline of the house that will be the character’s home.
The draft is based on the conceptual design of the project.
Tomorrow I will start modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started modeling the Moget’s house.
It is not easy because the roof is so different from usual, but a few more adjustments and it will look good.
i already put the places that will be the entrances and windows of the house.
Tomorrow I hope to evolve more on the roof.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

…And I made the Mushrooms that are better seen on the Moget Town concept paint:

Nothing really impressive, but they had to be made :roll_eyes:

The under side is a bit more thick than in real life, but that is because they will only bee seen from very far far away and therefore it minimizes the issues with Z-buffering.

They are just one cap and one trunk by the way, the other two are 4 instances of those two original objects. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Today I’ve placed the mushrooms in location. Now the island has a reason to be called “Mushroom island” :slight_smile:

The roots were made with the new Grease Pencil object, that automatically projects the lines on the geometry. Then they were decimated and textured with both materials and vertex paint colors to give them some additional variation.

3 Likes