Resilience Satelle | r.i.c.e

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more little progress in modeling of the Moget’s house.
It has been a little difficult because of the shape of the roof but I think it will work now.
Tomorrow I will start new details.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the Moget’s house a little more complete.
Today I made the windows and doors, as well as some more details.
I used Nordic symbols as a reference to decide what the details would be like.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

…Meanwhile I’ve been improving the Bump maps, specially on the rocks… to make them look more Rocky… :thinking: Hummm, this can be miss interpreted… not like Rocky Balboa you see… more Roc… anyway :smile:
Enough typing, let’s get visual! :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m attempting to make the rock more sharp and rough but still looking like painted. I don’t want to make them realistic.

Clouds also look a bit better now, but this is related with blender development, I did nothing to them.
Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the complete modeling of the Moget’s house.
I will start with texturing and finally I will place the tiles on the roof.
I hope you enjoy the last details I put.

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
The “Real Sky” add-on by Wolf was updated today and it fixes it Blender 2.81 compatibility issues.
As such I’ve made a few tests and these are the results for a sunset time:

:face_with_monocle: Hummm! :thinking: … It kind of looks cool :slightly_smiling_face:
:cowboy_hat_face: But many things to fix yet

Have a great Sunday!

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started to texturize Moget’s house.
Here the woods will be a little darker than the other village.
Tomorrow I hope I’m done and I’ll start laying the tiles.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

…Just to explain a bit further, the wood of Moget house is exactly the same texture than the ones on Noam house, just colorized to a more reddish mood. The only reason is to save memory. On top of the textures we also added a grunge map to make it look more old.

Meanwhile I keep make ambient testing :nerd_face: and ensuring all looks good on all times of the day

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of Moget’s house.
Tomorrow I start laying the tiles and so will be completed and ready to put on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I was laying the tiles at Moget’s house.
It will be a longer process because of the shape of the roof, I have to fix one by one as I have not found another easier and more effective way to do it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished Moget’s house.
I’ve placed the tiles one by one and finally reached the end.
Tomorrow I start a new house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

I remember that there was a Ivy request/mention :slight_smile:

It’s on the way :wink: Still needs fixing both in shading and amount.

…The cat lady house may be a possibility too… for Moget town :yum:

Ho! Forgot to mention that I’ve also been darkening the top of the chimneys using Vertex Paint:

Smoke from the chimneys is also planed for eventually.

1 Like

Are you planning to age the wood on the houses? The roofs look old, the walls look rather new in my humble opinion.

Hey Meshmonkey, Thanks for your comment!

Noam Town is supposed to be a new town, ranging from a 3 to 6 years old town.
Moget town is the one supposed to look much older (30 to 50 years old). I’m adding Ivy on many houses, because this plant grows very fast in a moist zone, like this. The same goes for the moss in the roofs. Wood however takes more time to get more stains :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hello guys!

I started making the entire wood walkway to make it easier to put the houses in the right place.
For now, I just started putting the boards and later I will put all the support.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Awesome work @Rute_Perdiz! :wink:
… And on my end I’ve finished placing the Ivy and also adjusted the Ivy material to fuse the best possible with the roofs moss:

There are just 5 Ivy objects in scene (wall, wall corner, roof, roof corner and roof ridge) all the other 95 Ivy objects are instances.
I’ve just learned that the Ivy in the Fall has a fruit… I may add that up also… later :face_with_raised_eyebrow: …no promises do :zipper_mouth_face:

Have a great Sunday friends! See you on Monday!

2 Likes

One trick that I use often on my paintings is color splatter to give some random variation.
Therefore, I’ve been making tests in adding it to the far far away terrain and also for the Mushroom island terrain:

The color splatter is a bitmap texture that tiles in a very noticeable way, so I’ve mixed it with a procedural texture to make it more light in some places than others and thus breaking the tiling :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: …or just messing it all up :roll_eyes: Hoo well… :joy:

@Rute_Perdiz is still working on the catwalks / walkways for the Moget town and although they are progressing nicelly, on a screenshot the difference ain’t much noticeable. Tomorrow there should be some visual progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more evolution on the wooden walkway of Moget’s city.
I already put all the boards in and now I started to make the access stairs.
Once I finish them, I will do all the support.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I finished all the access stairs and the railing of the village’s wooden walkway.
Tomorrow I will start the support and then start in the houses.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello friends!
This week I’ve been working on nothing that can be seen :disappointed: I’ve mostly have been dueling with the low light condition shots, trying to simulate many lamps… without using any :face_with_monocle:

At this moment this is just emission glass on the lamps, but still without any light baking GI. I’ve attempted to use just a few lamps to light the scene, which did work to a point, but as soon I activated all objects the memory must have rise to the PC limits and all I get was crashes. Hopefully the Baked GI will bring this up to the desire look. But even so some emission textures seem to not light up :scream: something needs fixing…
On the other things I’ve been making a spot were Shar will seat:

The rock is actually from Textures(dot)com, instanced many times in diferent scales and rotations and the mushrooms were made by my self back in 2009.
I’ve also improved the cliff texture a bit:

But it ain’t premium yet :confused:

@Rute_Perdiz is still working on the wooden walkway for the Moget town and is progressing nicely.

Have a great Sunday, see you on Monday! :smile:

Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

I wish I could be a part of it