Resilience Satelle

:warning: Production hat on! :warning:

Hello Friends!
I’ve been revising our Patreon campaign and made a substantial price reduction on all tiers.
There are no longer physical items available, only video on demand and digital download options now… but anyway it fells that this, and the new prices, better matches our reality anyway.
Deadlines and respective goals all dropped substantially too.

Now back to work! :construction_worker_man:
Until later
-Rogério-

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of the house.
Tomorrow I will start making and placing the utensils and accessories that characterize it.
Still can’t guess what it will be?

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!

Day 3 of Noam animation and there is nothing to see here yet :yawning_face: …almost the same boring stuff from yesterday but a bit more outlined.

… if you hope to be impressed, then this video is not for you… you wont find a thing of that in here, yet :wink:
1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started making the utensils to decorate the house I created.
There are still few, but tomorrow I hope that those who are small will all be ready.
Then I will start with the big ones.

With these tools can you guess what kind of house it will be?

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

One more day of animation :slight_smile: Not the entire day this time, but I still made a bit of progress:

Note:
Due the screen capture software, this is running slower than the real result.
It runs at 20 FPS wile recording and at 30 FPS without it.

Until tomorrow!
Stay safe!
-Rogério-

When you spend the Sunday at the office … :thinking: or is it our kitchen… some times I can’t tell… :roll_eyes: Well, I don’t fry an egg here since 2001, so it must definitely be the office :cowboy_hat_face:

Until tomorrow friends! Stay safe!

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I developed some more utensils to place in the new house that I made.
Gradually, it is gaining definition.

Can they already guess what it will be?

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello friends!
Today I bring you guys a :open_file_folder:TOP SECRET :file_folder: preview of one of the so called “Money Shots” :money_with_wings:
… It’s called that way because they are insanely expensive to make, but also are of high importance or have high impact on the viewer.

Have in mind 3 things:

• this will eventually have characters doing stuff;

• This is to be seen at 360º in stereo;

• It’s not that secret as it will be one of the trailer shots (partially at least) :stuck_out_tongue:

Ready!?
Up it goes:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I’ve placed textures on the objects I made yesterday and developed some more utensils.
I decided to place in the house the ones I had already done to have a perception of spaces.
Soon everything will be done.

Have you guessed what it is?

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished some more utensils for the house and, I think that tomorrow everything will be finished.
Few objects are left to finish the decoration.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

I know what you thinking!
Your thinking on how!? How can you possibly make a bigger mess out of this cave?
Well… :thinking: somehow I just can. Today I add to it some roots :slight_smile:
Sadly enough now I have to find a way to hide them with the Special Effects.
… Oh! They were made with the grease pencil by the way :nerd_face:

Tomorrow, if the workload continues the same, I’ll continue on the Noam animation for scene 02.
Best regards
-Rogério-

Hello guys!

Today I made some more utensils for the house.
And today I can already say what it will be. As you can see it is a blacksmith’s house.
Tomorrow I will make the missing accessories and it will be finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello friends!
After having “sketched” the Noam animation for scene 2, I’ve divided it in 9 actions:

1. Noam walk cycle with lantern;
  2. Noam walk cycle without lantern;
  3. Up stairs with lantern;
  4. Up stairs without lantern (for later);
  5. Leave the lantern on hook;
  6. Open door;
  7. Paint;
  8. Seat down;
  9. Face animation (goes on top of everything)

All of these will now need to be animated separately, for later be all composed in the Non Linear Animation (NLA) editor.

Today I’ve started on Noam walking with the lantern:

It’s still very WIP, but fell free to criticize :slight_smile:
(Have in mind that it’s running in slow motion due the screen recording software)
Until tomorrow!
-Rogério-

2 Likes

Hey there friends!
Ok! Noam walk cycle with lantern is pretty much done and I’ll now move to the normal walk cycle:

When you have time, please give it a close inspection and if something fells strange to you leave me a note that I’ll give my best to fix iit :slight_smile:

One of the many advantages to animate everything by actions is that, even when all together in the NLA and in the scene, one can always fix it that will update… so you have time :slightly_smiling_face:

Until later
-Rogério-

Hey again friends!
Right! This is the first progress on the most common walk cycle for Noam, the “sad walk”. He will also have an happier walk, but most of the time will use the sad one.
:nerd_face:
Ready to the nerd/boring stuff?

I always start the animation by the feet and then move upwards.
Noam as like a million of controllers, so it would be impossible to key all of them at the same time, the channels list would be just too massive and it would be impossible to fix things.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:… as such, I start adding keys by the following order:

1. Feet and Body (as they are depending one of the other)
  2. Arms and hands (when existing)
  3. Tail
  4. Cloth
  5. Face/fur
  6. Cartoon squash and stretches
  7. Accessories

At each stop I replay it until it starts to work out and then move to the next one. In the end I give it an overhaul revision and improve stuff.

For the Noam sad walk I ensured that his feet were dragging a bit and barely leave the ground on the passing pose. He also tilts a lot to the sides (body and head), as sad people tend to do that.
I’ve also opted to have less frames from Contact to Down poses and from Up to Contact, so he is more time on the Pass Position… as sad people ( that like to ensure everyone knows that they are sad ) tend to do that.

… I could do all this even more obviously, but He is not a complete sad person, he just thinks that he’s limited by his physiognomy.

:thinking: I’m sure most of you have fallen asleep by now :laughing: so Good night! See you tomorrow!
-Rogério-

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Yesterday I finished the blacksmith’s house.
I leave here all the details I did to compose it.
Today I will start the sketch of a new house and I will put it here later.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Here is the outline of the new village house.
I started to detail the roof.
Monday will have more developed.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello friends!
I’ve completed Noam walk cycle and I think it accurately portraits what I intended to capture… so, so far so good :cowboy_hat_face:

I must say that from all the blender fields, giving life to geometry in the shape of creatures is still my favorite task :smiley:

Next action will be “Rising Stairs - With Lamp”

Have a great Sunday!
Best regards
-Rogério-

Reading and looking through all your progress really was amazing :0
I wish you good luck for completing this amazing project, because damn, it looks amazing so far

1 Like

Hello Burfles,
Thank you very much! You’re a Pal!
Also thanks for the time you invested in reading this topic and to leave this nice comment! :slightly_smiling_face: Any doubt feel free to ask that we’ll get back to you a.s.a.p.

As long I remain alive I ensure you that this project will be completed eventually.
I still don’t know when, because it depends of money related issues… but, it will be done.

Have a great Easter day!
Best regards
-Rogério-