Resilience Satelle

Hello guys!

Today I finished painting with the character’s base colors. Tomorrow I will start to detail a little more, to see how far I am able to go :slight_smile:

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Impressive job @Rute_Perdiz :star_struck:, I wouldn’t done it better my self! :heart_eyes:
Meanwhile…

I know what you’re saying… :thinking: yeah! Not Epic enough! :expressionless: Definitely needs more Epic :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…By the way, this was supposed to be to show that I’ve been improving the waterfalls mist, but it’s only noticeable when this is in motion, which by performance reasons I can’t easily do.
Best regards
Rogério

2 Likes

Looks great! But I have noticed two things.

1. The waterfall looks a bit like ice and the displacement seems a bit big. Looking at images from the Niagara waterfalls could be a good reference. The big water blobs make the island look more miniature. Maybe it is only so in the stills and not animation.

2. There is a lack of contrast between the floating island and the background. Both mountains (Island and BG) seem to have the same saturation. Maybe it could help by adding a bluish layer over the background to add more depth. Far away things tend to blend with the sky. :thinking:

Hey @hum-bee!
Thank you very much for your comments! They are dully noted! :slight_smile:

1- Yes, in motion, with motion blur, they do look substantially better. This takes just too long to render even a few frames and I want to leave some surprises for the final product hehe :sweat_smile: Yeah! there are something that ain’t right! :slight_smile: Will do as you say and study more references.

2 - Yeah! These are only 3D view port screens, final renders go trough the compositor to add the Mist dept and some other effects. As far I know Eevee still doesn’t allow for compositor to work on real time, but I’ve read that it’s being worked on.

1 Like

Hello friends!

Like promised, after the Epic mega grants attempt, this time I’ll be as clear as Alpha zero with the funds that I apply Resilience Satelle to :slight_smile:

Today I’ll be applying to this one:
https://ceeanimation.eu/forum/2021-cee-animation-forum/call

It’s a pitching session to present our project trough a series of investors.
In the hope that, due covid-19, this year it will be held online and not in location (it’s just too far :sweat_smile:), like previous years… I’ve applied RS to it.

Wish you good luck on the applicationi!

1 Like

Thank you very much @hum-bee! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I continued to detail the character’s painting.
Tomorrow it will be completely finished and I will start a new character.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished my work with the village blacksmith.
I detailed the suitcase, sweater, gloves and glasses.
Monday I will start the draft of a new character.
This was the first time I did a job like this, so opinions are welcome.
What did you think? :grin:

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started to sketch another character that I will develop.
It will be the captain of the boats that will make the crossings from side to side.
Tomorrow I will decide the colors and finish the sketch.
In the meantime I named him Captain Mauricio. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello friends!
I’m posting on behalf of @Rute_Perdiz due to her 3 consecutive post limit. She wrote:

Hello guys!

Today I finished the sketch of the village captain.
Tomorrow I will start to develop the character.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started modeling the new character I’m developing.
I will do it the same way I did the previous one, slowly and in stages.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

… and meanwhile I’ve been making the rig for the Blacksmith:

I’m pretty much making a simple IK rig, which is actually based on an old one which I loved to work with :slight_smile:
I’m using the same ideas, but making all from the start, to ensure that they fit nice and snug, without any distortion issue, on the RS characters.

The feet and legs are ready to action.
The next days I’ll have my days full with client work, so the armature development will be in pause until the next opening.

Best regards
Rogério

Hello guys!

The captain continues to evolve. Today I made the boots, some details on the belt and gloves.
Tomorrow I will start the coat and then the hat.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished modeling the captain’s coat.
Tomorrow I will model the hat and I will start painting the textures.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Captain Mauricio is ready to paint the textures.
Today I was making geometry simpler to be more practical to move on to the next step, which is painting.
Monday I will start.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

@Rute_Perdiz would fancy making a female model next, so I’ve made the female base today:

Reminds me of Daniel Graig for some reason! :smiley:

Hello friends!

The Mines elevator is fully rigged and this is one of those cases “one bone to rule them all” :thinking: Humm! Where did I heard that before? Anyway! :grin: here it is a small video for you to see it happening:

Best regards
Rogério

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started painting the textures for the captain.
I will start with the clothes inside the coat and then I will go to the boots. The coat will be one of the last things I will paint.
I start now, differently from the last time, by painting with the precise details.
Then when everything is painted, I will adjust as necessary.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz