Resilience Satelle

Hello guys!!

I finished another house to compose the scenery. This was easy because it was simple and I could use mirror for modeling, making it faster to finish.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!!

Today I finished another house for the scenery.
I will then begin the sketch of a new one.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!!

Today I finished another house and soon I will draft a new one that I hope will be finished tomorrow.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

…And the last two new houses are already up :grinning:

It starts to feel like a town now! Great work Rute_Perdiz! :clinking_glasses:

Hello guys!!

I finish one more house to compose the scenery.
I’ll make just a few more and then I’ll go to object modeling or I’ll go to another city.
Feel free to expose any questions or comments … they are always welcome!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!!

Today I bring you another house to compose the scenery.
Even today, I will start drafting a new one.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Very ambitious project. But great work so far!

Hello hum-bee,
Thanks! We’re very happy you are enjoying it! Also thanks for the comment!
It’s actually feels like a simple project compared with what we sometimes do for our clients hehe :sweat_smile:
Best regards :slight_smile:

Hello guys!!

This house was very simple to finish, but also fun. I modeled using a mirror so that all sides were the same so I could use it from any angle.
I’ll start one more today.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello again, everyone !!

After all, I was able to finish another house today. As it was modeled with mirror, it became faster to finish.
Tomorrow I will return with another new one.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

I see, its good to hear that you are used to working on big projects. I am really curious in how you are going to implement the interaction parts in to the movie. Looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work.

cheers

The current plan is to render video cubemaps of the shot (Eevee can’t render 360º, so we’ll just film 6 times the same thing from each side of a cube), pretty much like normal filming.
Those cubemaps will serve as background and also light emitters.

I’ll then add the characters on basically an empty scene (we made just that for these awesome people website) and, using a game engine (Armory is my first option and as failsafe Unity), create the movements and controls for the characters, that will interact only with simplified geometry of what is visible on the pre-rendered background 360º video :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The cubemaps allow just a bit of movement before the illusion breaks, and it’s still to be determined on how to solve the situation if the player just decides to stop or don’t get that it has to do something as what is running on the background is basically 360º video.

There will be a minimum of 3 interactive areas and a maximum of 8 depending on how well everything plays.

Thank you very much! You’re a Pal :wink:

Hello guys!!

And so I finish modeling houses for this city.
Monday will start with other props and structures that make up the scenery of this city.
These last two houses were my own, I did not follow the conceptual art since they will be houses for just composing the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

…And all together the town looks more or less like this :slight_smile:
Have a great Sunday everyone, see you on Monday!

2 Likes

Hello guys!!

Today I started the study of what will be the tower that is in one of the stone mountains of the scenery.
It was not easy to get a sense of it but I think that starting from now, it’s just going to be gathering details.
The idea will be to make a kind of port of entry and exit of hot air balloons.
I hope tomorrow will have much more to show you!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Just saw this, and I love it. Looks like a ton of work has been put into it. I love the concept for Noam, took me a while to realize he had no arms lol. The idea of overcoming limitations no matter your situation is great. I will be looking out for it when it’s done. Keep it up!

Thank you very much for your kind words CitizenTurin!

Noam is that one character that I most enjoyed creating! Before him my characters kind of decided how they wanted to be :expressionless: …but with this version of Noam I was finally able to make him exactly like I intended. He is the main guy, although he may be a bit naughty in the beginning, he is the Story.

I even first made Shar, them Moget and saved Noam for the last because I knew that it would be the most difficult one to get it right :slight_smile: Disguizing the fact that he doesn’t has arms was always one of my main priorities, I’m very happy that it did work out hehe

Until next time! Thanks once again!

1 Like

Hello guys!!

Today I bring you the tower completely modeled and detailed. It took a while because round objects are still a bit difficult for me, but I was able to do what I had idealized.
Tomorrow I’ll start the whole wood walkway. This zone will be more time-consuming because it has many elements that need to be modeled.

Hope you like it!!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

I Hope they’ll implement the Equirectangular settings to eevee before you finish the project. Would be easier than having to render every frame 6 times :wink:

Have you looked in to Godot-Gameengine? Could be an option too.

Cheers

Equirectangular rendering:
Yup, it would be a lot easier hehe!

Game engines:
Yes, I’ve been paying close attention to Godot too :slight_smile: The issue is that I’m a lousy programmer, so I rely on Visual coding. The Armory coding nodes are the ones I can work with and understand their logic very well… all the others fell less natural to me :sweat_smile: I mentioned Unity because I’ve worked with it many times for my clients and will have visual coding soon.

1 Like