Resolving image reference differences

Hi Blender Artists, how we doing. One of the things that I love doing is human modelling. I’ve made a little more than a handful of images and for the most part I’m happy with them. But one thing that I always seem to contend with is differences in the reference images I use. For example, I could have a perfectly straight frontal and side view of a person right. I’ll load them into Blender as background images for the appropriate sides of the camera that each image belongs. However, it seems like the side views of my images are always off by 1 - 1.5 blender units. As a result, my head models tend to get quite messy for lack of a better term. My question is that is there anything I could do with my reference images to prevent this from happening? Attached are three images to help illustrate this post. The second two images were cut, cropped and saved separately in Photoshop so that might be my problem altogether. If anyone can suggest any pointers on retaining alignment in Blender, I’d be much appreciative.

• Use the same reference image with front/side views on the one image
  • For separate images use square images of the same size
  • Change the scale of the background images so they are the same size

You do have the option to rescale or offset the background images on the background image tab.

Yes Cegaton, I know this. Everytime I went that route, I would mess up my meshes even more.

This is what I was thinking last night. But I guess I wanted to get some validation from the more experienced Blender users. Thanks much Richard.

This is what I was thinking last night. But I guess I wanted to get some validation from the more experienced Blender users. Thanks much Richard.