Restrain Lighting Effects

I was curious as to if there was a way to restrain lighting effects in a scene. Say I have some models that need to have the lighting effects but others that do not.

What I’ve got going on is a group of objects in the middle of the scene, then to the right parented to the camera is a menu. This menu is going to be used for navigation and the objects within this menu do not need to have lighting effects upon them. If there was a way for the models to retain the same properties as they have in the actual blender program without shading/lighting being imposed upon them that would be great…I’m not sure if there is a way to accomplish this…but thought it would be a good question to bring up…would anyone happen to know?

Put the lamps on the same layer as the objects you want them to light and then use the “This Layer Only” option to make sure that the lamps only light the objects in the layer they are placed in. Thats the only way I know to do it and its pretty easy and quick so I’ve never been bothered to look for a way to light specific objects another way.