(☠ Retired) Neltulz - Smart Frame 1.0.16 - Blender 2.81

Hi, which version of Blender are you using? I haven’t updated any of my add-ons in quite a while.

It’s 2.93.0, on a mac, also, I’m a bit new with the program…

Hi.
At the start, I want to say that your addon is a live saver :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, in 3.1 I’m getting errors with Viewport to origin in edit mode.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Pankracy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection\mainOt.py", line 672, in invoke
    return self.execute(context)
  File "C:\Users\Pankracy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection\mainOt.py", line 666, in execute
    _execute(self, context)
  File "C:\Users\Pankracy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection\mainOt.py", line 173, in _execute
    miscFunc.view2Origin(self, context, scene, addonPrefs, modeAtBegin, bUseAllRegions, bUseAll3DAreas)
  File "C:\Users\Pankracy\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection\miscFunc.py", line 431, in view2Origin
    bpy.ops.object.empty_add(type='PLAIN_AXES', radius=5, location=(0, 0, 0))
  File "C:\program files\blender foundation\blender 3.1\3.1\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 132, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.empty_add.poll() failed, context is incorrect

Would be super cool to get that addon updated for 3.1
Thanks!

Hi! I really like your addon but it doesn’t work on Blender 4.1, do you have any plans to update it?

Hi, unfortunately I haven’t used Blender in quite a long while now. I’m happy to see people are still interested in this add-on. I might poke around in the latest version of Blender, but I can’t make any promises about updating the add-on. I’m pretty busy lately.

However, people are 100% free and encouraged to make forks or derivative works of this add-on and fix bugs or add features as you see fit. Just make sure that you continue using the GNU GPL v3 license and provide attribution to me (Neltulz and/or Neil V. Moore).

Here is a link to the Github page for reference: https://github.com/Neltulz/Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection

I see somebody else has already forked my add-on. Perhaps this enables it to be compatible with Blender 4.1? (I haven’t tested this to confirm). Here’s a link to someone else’s forked version of it: https://github.com/jobweek/Neltulz_Smart_Frame_Selection

1 Like