(☠ Retired) Neltulz - Smart Sharpen 1.0.10 - Blender 2.8

2022-04-07 - I haven’t done anything with Blender for well over a year now, and I don’t know if I’ll be coming back to edit any of these add-ons any time soon. The functionality in many of my add-ons is probably broken now, and I have no plans to fix them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download2

Download Smart Sharpen Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Just wanted to show off my very first blender add-on. It’s a smart sharpen addon. It works similar to the way Autodesk Maya’s “Soften/Harden Edges” feature works, by allowing you to automatically sharpen/soften a selection based on edge angle.

Hopefully someone finds it useful! Enjoy! :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Download2

Download Smart Sharpen Add-on

Backup Links:

Download from Gumroad
Download from Github
Download from Dropbox

Check out my other add-ons

Edge Curve+ - Quickly insert edge loops with flow.
Quick SubD - A quick way to subdivide single or multiple objects in your scene for spotting problems.
Smart Frame - Quickly frame selection, isolate selection, and display objects as templates
Smart Object - Coming Soon
Symmetry - Slice, cut, or mirror a mesh object easily.

16 Likes

Hi thanks for the addon.
I noticed that when you install the downloaded .zip file, all the files end up in the root.
So you might get a lot of questions like " I installed the addon but it doesn’t show up in Blender".

• What your visitors can do: Extract the .zip file first, close blender and add the whole folder in the directory where your blender addons are installed.
  • Or what you can do: be sure that there is an extra folder, so that when people install the addon, the files go to a folder, not in the root.
  • What users can do when it is to late, already installed addon and doesn’t show up:
    Open the directory where addon is installed, the root. And open the zip.file. Then see what files are in the .zip file and delete those files in your root directory. Then to install the addon, see first step.

( In noticed also the we cannot filter the addon in a workspace.)

1 Like

v1.0.8 released.

New sidebar panel:
2019-12-22_05-55-58

New history Panel:
2019-12-22_05-56-54

Changes:

• Set default sidebar tab name to “Neltulz” so that all Neltulz related sidebars from various Neltulz addons will be organized here.

• Changed operator bl_idnames. Sorry if this is an inconvenience.

• Improved sidebar panel significantly. Better use of space.

• You can enable edge sharpness display straight from the sidebar panel

• You can now fine tune the sharpness to whatever value you want from the history panel at the lower left of the 3d viewport

2 Likes

2019-12-26 - Updated add-on to v1.0.9

Changes:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this. Not yet tested it, but I know it going to help improve my workflow

2020-01-01 - Updated Add-on to v1.0.10

Changes:

• Bug Fix: Auto Smooth Normals and Angle values were not being set correctly from the main operator’s “Adjustment” panel at the lower left corner of the 3d viewport

autosmooth_bugfix

• Bug Fix: The active object would not be smart sharpened if it was not selected.

• Added new compact panel size which is useful for adding the panel to pie menus or popups using Pie Menu Editor add-on

default_vs_compact_popup_and_pie_panel

1 Like

Nice addon, very helpful for hard surface modeling.

1 Like

well done and simple in use.
good work there !