Retiring BLAM and announcing fSpy - a stand alone camera matching app

I am not able to change the values of the custom camera. Always switches back to 36x24. Any hints how to enter custom values?

Thanks for the advice @stuffmatic.

Stupid question maybe, but did you press return after entering the value? Are you in 1 or 2 vanishing point mode?

ouch…you have to press return in order to apply the value…okay i just clicked in the next field.
My fault…sorry

2 Likes

I 'm sorry but I dont see a Linux version (Ubuntu) at the download page. Or do I have to compile it myself? Not sure if I can do that.
Thanks for your help!
Martijn.

The Linux version is distributed as an app image, so the file you want to download is fspy-1.0.1-x86_64.AppImage.

Get the “.AppImage” on the download page. ( https://github.com/stuffmatic/fSpy/releases/download/v1.0.1/fspy-1.0.1-x86_64.AppImage )
Make it executable if it isn’t already. Runs perfectly fine on Linux Mint (which is Ubuntu under the hood).

Thank you both!

it`s would be cool to export to [x, y, z] rotation. I using Blender to Houdini , but Houdini giving some issue width camera.

That would be a nice feature, I agree. I’ll look into it for the next release

@stuffmatic I really thank you for your work in blam and now in fspy. You’re a true hero who saved me a lot of time. Bow.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hey , Great software!

I tried it days ago when to export i had to copy and paste the script into blender’s script editor and excute it in blender with the camera selected. It worked fine. N

Today I downloaded the latest version and it exported the Json file. The problem is that I can’t install the blender importer add-on correctly.
I install directly from the zip file (install add-onn from file button), blender says that the add-on has been correctly installed, but I can’t find it in the list.
Should I copy the files by hand? If yes, where exactly?

Thanks!

The current version of the add-on requires Blender 2.79. Are you perhaps running an older version? Once the addon is installed, go to File > Import > fSpy and select an fSpy project file for import (JSON data export is only meant for nerds with special needs :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
But i’m running the 2.79 version. For some reason the add-on is not listed. (I guess it’s in the import export category). The name in the list should be fSpy i suppose, but even searching I can’t find it. I also tried to do that with the 2.79.6 nightly build, same problem! :frowning:

@stuffmatic I noticed that in the latest version You fixed a problem related to small resolutions images, new exporter and addon are also performing excellently :blush:
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Just to double check, you are downloading the file Spy-Blender-1.0.0.zip from here, right? And not the source code zip, because that won’t work.

1 Like

It worked! Thanks!!
I originally downloaded the zip from this link!

Thank you very much! It works like a charm!

1 Like

Gotta say, I definitely like this UI better than what it had when it was just BLAM, so thanks for that! The one big thing I’d say it’s currently missing is the ability to zoom in on your image for better precision. I’d say that’s pretty much a must for some images, and I’m no programmer, but I’m sure that must be an easy thing to add. Great work!

1 Like

If you haven’t already, try holding shift while dragging control points for increased precision.

Ah, good to know! But still, sometimes the lines in the shot are really small, or there’s only a slight color difference…there’s countless scenarios where being able to zoom in to see what you’re doing would help a lot.