Retopo MT for Blender 2.80

The reason is that the object is rotated 90 degrees along the X axis. After applying the rotation, everything works fine.
Thanks for testing, I will release a version of the add-on later with a fix for this behavior.

1 Like

wow ! i just tried it …you are right!! is there a way to reset it or do i have to work with the mesh on 90 degrees forward position for now?

okay i just tried rotating from pivot offset …it got better though still has strange behaviour.

No expert here but looks like the messups I regularly make when rotating vectors from local to global space and vice versa.

i wouldnt even know if i did this .

I meant while coding addons.

1 Like

To apply transformations and rotation angle, press Ctrl + A (select the desired item) or through the menu: Object → Apply

1 Like

thanks alot, it worked.

1 Like

Hello,
I’m trying to use your addon Bsurface. I cannot generate a mesh between contours.

• I have bezier curves, several curves in one object
  • I have a mesh object
  • I select the curves and the mesh object (active) and go into edit mode, then I attempt to [Add Surface]

I get an error “There aren’t any strokes attached to the object”.

I tried to add a stroke as a grease pencil stroke but it seems I have to somehow relate the stroke with the curves and the mesh? I then also tried the [Add Annotation] button, adding a stroke this way, but it is unrelated to the curves and mesh and I keep getting the same message.

Why is this not working please?
Blend file download

1 Like

You need to switch the guide stroke to Curve on the panel and select an object with curves in the field.

You can watch a short video:

1 Like

Thanks!
I moved on and I am getting a surface. I also watched your video.
Unlike your video, I have the contours all in one curve object (as I had read in an old pdf user guide for Bsurface) and this works also, once I identified the curve and mesh in the selection boxes:

I am now getting a mesh but the contours are out of order and the mesh wraps on itself.
Can I reorder the contours, if they are in one curve object?
I cannot succeed in identifying the order in edit mode.

1 Like

You can sort splines in a curve using the built-in Curve Tools add-on.
The Utilities section has a Spline Order. You need to turn it on. It will show the serial numbers of the splines (the number is located at the starting point of the spline), then select the desired spline or one point on the spline and use the arrow buttons (’<’, ‘>’) on the panel to change the order.

1 Like

All these “hidden” gems!!
If only this was documented better and thank you for responding quickly and helping me!
I have moved the topic to the thread on Bsurfaces, where it belongs.

1 Like